NSV's of the week...

Options
chelekaz
chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
It's those little NSV's that make such a difference. We took pictures to be developed 2 weeks ago (from back in October when our digital camera was broken). We picked them up over the weekend and forgot about them. Scott was going through them last night and he said "Wow, this isn't the wife I know now". I asked what he was talking about. He said that the picture of the "old" me showed him just how much I have lost. He said the scale might not show it but pictures do not lie. Just when I was starting to doubt myself, I got that little "umph" that I needed! :heart:

So what about you.... what NSV (non-scale victory for those who do not know) have you experienced lately?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    my husband told me yesterday that he felt like he was sleeping with a different woman every week as my body had been changing so much now that I have been doing a boot camp program and really toning. I thought it was funny.!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I was gonna post a separate topic but it fits here. I must have lost inches because the pants I have one have never fit better. And I lost 3 lbs this week.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Oh good for you, I'm proud of you
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What a great hubby you have! You'll have to take some in progress pics and keep a little photo journal of your journey. I bet you'll be amazed at the end.

Hubs has been pouting because my boobs and butt have been the first thing to go. He'll get over it, LOL! At least he is noticing though. And he's sure to tell me that I'm doing a great job. We need their support!
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    From size 18 to 16 and starting to notice that my bras are getting looser in GIRTH, but not CUP size. :)
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My NSV for last week, was heading to philly for an overnight meeting. First off, the seatbelt on the plance buckled. It's been years since that happened!!! Also, my entire outfit I wore down there, was two sizes smaller than where I started in October. 5x down to 3x. Best part was they were all items I already owned and had stashed away!! Hell, even more....it's one thing when family and friends notice my weight loss and compliment, but when a bunch of dudes I work with notice and compliment me, well that was huge!!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm still early in my weight loss, but I had an NSV of my own. My life got really stressful a few days ago, but I decided not to let that be an excuse to start binging and eating unhealthy and I've kept with it! First time in my life! woo hoo.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I splurged for two days and instead of throwing in the towel like I normally would have I got back on the wagon and am feeling great! I was also greeted by a "Hey Skinny" at work lol :P
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker do a double take...then say, "you look like a completely different person! Amazing!" Felt WONDERFUL!!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    had someone at church yesterday tell me that their husband told her that I looked like a teenager. If I look like a teenager @58 down, wonder what I will look like when I finally reach my ultimate goal of 120 ponds gone. Oh, btw I do feel like a teenager!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I've had a couple just this day so far. This morning I put on some PJ pants to take my dog outside. Normally, they are tight in my thigh and butt region. This morning they were a bit more loose in the thighs and ALOT more loose in the butt. I was excited because I love those PJs and didn't want to get rid of them.
    Also, everyone at work today ordered Taco Bell for lunch. I love Taco bell! but I passed and ate my healthy lunch I packed!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I discovered I have a waist again :tongue:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i just threw a nearly full bag of peanut butter m&ms away this morning that i bought yesterday during a moment of weakness. before, i would've said: i will just finish this bag and start afterwards. no more of that. a moment of weakness can last just that, a moment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!