Tired of Being a Thicky Mickey and Ready to be a Skinny Minn

Options
Hello, to all the people on myfitnesspal.com

A friend of mine told me about MFP and after reading some profiles and blogs, I feel like I've found a support system to share in the trials and tribulations of losing weight. I didn't want to make any new year's resolutions because I usually do not follow through; however, one month into the new year, I realize I do need to make a life change.
At this current moment, I weigh 284 pounds, and I want to be 200 pounds. Please wish me luck on my mission to 200 pounds...

Replies

• kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    you can do it with lots of will power and hard work!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! You can do this. This is such a terrific place for support (and a good butt kicking) if you need it.

I also did not make any new years resolutions. I made a goal to be down 75 pounds from my start weight by the end of the year. The goal, instead of a resolution, to me is easier to live by. I have 11 more months to get there. :happy:

I wish you lots of luck with your goal. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • dopegirl422
    Options
    Woot woot good luck to you!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You will love it here :) It makes watching what you eat a fun and almost addictive hobby! And these folks even got me to exercise, hun!!! I can't tell you how many times I *swore* I would never, ever exercise!

Best wishes to you on your new journey!
  • jade1244
    Options
    wish you sooooo much luck and you have tons of support here...........
  • joyce185
    Options
    I can tell you this is the right place to start. I have battled with weight my entire adult life and have never had the sucess like I have had here. Its so easy and it works. :happy: I have lost 29 lbs so far my goals are very close to yours I want to weigh between 185 to 200 somewhere in that range. I wish you all the luck in your journey, you can do it.
  • harmonykay
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I just started too. I check in everyday to read about how everybody is doing. I like to read how much weight members have lost. It makes me feel like I can do it to. And so can you.
  • cheangela
    Options
    Welcome! It's a huge commitment, but MFP is one that can change your life. It's all about conscious eating and shakin' that fabulous bod :-).
  • Elizabethhobbs84
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck! You can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nice heading haha! I've been on MFP for 10 days and IM IN LOVE WITH IT!

Best of luck on your journey! You Can do it! :wink:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and good luck on your journey!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't do NY resolutions, either...I feel like they set you up for failure, and then guilt.
    Good for you for making the commitment to make a 'lifestyle change'...that's key.

Good luck on your journey! You'll love the site...the people are awesome, and it's like crack...so addictive!! :wink:

I'll send you a friend request...trust me, the more friends the better!!

Leslie
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Love your topic title!

Welcome to MFP! And good luck with your weight loss goals :smile: