Digestive System Ailment?

Options
I know that noone here is a doctor, so I'm not using this in place of getting in touch with my PCP- but thought I could get some insight from you guys.

I've been eating healthier then I ever have for the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, I woke up with heartburn. I was burping more than usual as well. At 9pm, I got tired of it and drove 30 minutes to Walmart to find something. I tried Mylanta earlier in the day with no relief. I got Gaviscon at Walmart and that didn't help. I went to bed and just dealt with it. It was an all day thing, was always there and even water was making it hurt. Prior to this, I had always been able to just take some Tums or Mylanta and it would get rid of the heartburn. I've also never had it all day long.

Today, I woke up to no heartburn (YAY!) but now I've got pain in my stomach. It's not in my intestines, it's right where the bottom of my bra is in the center. When I move around, it's uncomfortable. I don't feel sick to my stomach or anything like that. It's just a pain that kind of feels like an ache with a few 'contractions' here and there. I've felt full most of the day and only eaten because my stomach was growling- otherwise I probably would not have wanted to eat.

Any idea what it could be?

Replies

• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Gallbladder
  • meggersd
    Options
    So I basically had the same thing for years and they wanted to remove my gallbladder I wouldn't let them because of the side effects with weight loss/gain. So, I found that once I start drinking tons of water it helps also if its really bad two advil usually clears it up. For example if I go a week or two with no workout and no water it comes back. Give it a little bit more and see if the excersise works it out.. if not go to the doctor.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Sounds like my symptoms before having my gallbladder removed. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have had it removed. See a doctor if it continues. They have medications that can dissolve stones (if you have any), and then you can avoid surgery.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was seen for a gallbladder issue once before, but it ended up being my appendix which was ready to rupture. They did find sludge in my gallbladder and every so often I would have the pain. I don't eat fast food or greasy stuff because I'll spend the day in the bathroom- so I don't understand why I'm having the pain that I am if I'm eating more healthy then I have in my whole life probably. I always thought the typical gallbladder symptoms were the upper right quad pain after eating something greasy. Gallbladder disease does run in the family, as my Mom's whole side of the family has had theirs removed and I've had 2 children (which apparently makes it more likely to give you problems?).

It just needs to knock it off, I don't have time for this..haha.
  • sugarshakes
    Options
    I've been having similar symptoms. Pain when I eat, and lots of burping - I was thinking it might be a hiatal hernia? Look it up and see what you think?
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hiatal hernia and gallbladder were the first things that came to my mind, but need to see an MD to find out. There are meds for gallbladder sludge that can be prescribed by your physician.