Calling all the short people ;)

Options
I am 5'0 tall, okay maybe 4'11 but on a good day im 5'0 tall, Im am trying to lose 25 lbs, anyone have any experience in losing weight and being short, any advice, on how to do it faster how to tone better and overall input?

Replies

• Elizabethhobbs84
    Options
    LOL. I'm short too! I'm 5'2-ish. I've been on MFP since 12.28.2010 and already lost 19lbs. I don't think its any harder or easier for vertically challenged people to lose weight.
    I do 30 minutes of hard cardio a day and some strength training.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Short or not, you do it just like everyone else- a lb at a time, patience and perserverence. I'm 5'3" and through eating generally healthier foods, and enough of them I have gotten some pretty steady loss under my belt. Just stick with it and don't be tempted to undereat- it can be just as detrimental as over eating.
  • Moniquecheri
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you so if you figure it out, let me know
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I lost it! IMO we have the advantage, weight loss shows up faster on us, (just like weight gain, boo!).

I suggest total body exercise that builds muscle while burning calories. Things like Jillian's Shred or No More Trouble Zones are perfect. Alternating NMTZ with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism totally worked for me and got me ready for P90X.
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I am doing the shred now, but I also own no more trouble zones, though ive never done it, I might sneak it on the days I dont shred!!!!