Exercising Calories!!

Options
Hello!!!! Do u guys eat ur exercising calories????

Replies

• kristinlbrammer
    kristinlbrammer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes - your suppose to
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, and Yes!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    YES! If I didn't I would starve! I sometimes (getting more frequent now) do double workouts (AM & PM) just so I can eat more :wink:
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yep... I exercise so that I CAN eat more. I never exercise on Sundays and pretty much always go over the 1200 calories every Sunday... but not by too much (<200 calories).
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    I'm so tired after my am wrkout LOL how do u do a pm wrkout????
  • kimpaige12
    Options
    I have been wondering about this too. When I get home from the gym I put in what my workout was and it tells me that I can eat what I burned off. That just seems a little silly to me. I have always thought that you should burn more calories in a day than you consume. Has this method worked for anyone?? I have only been on MFP for 2 days and so far I am liking it:)
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    I have been wondering about this too. When I get home from the gym I put in what my workout was and it tells me that I can eat what I burned off. That just seems a little silly to me. I have always thought that you should burn more calories in a day than you consume. Has this method worked for anyone?? I have only been on MFP for 2 days and so far I am liking it:)
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    Consider this. If your car can only go 300 miles on a full tank of gas, you wouldn't expect to go 320 without adding more gas. So too, our bodies need fuel (1200 calories/day at least) to just manage the normal stuff of life. If we burn more calories by exercising, we have to give our body more fuel.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    nope, can't say i did. i know everyone says to, but i did ALWAYS eat 1200 calories (no, not 1000 and then try to exercise on top of that), and i was OK. i did have a couple plateaus but i think that woulda happened anyway. i also ate HEALTHY food, not crap for my 1200 cals. even now i find it hard to eat them back unless its a weekend and i'm drinking (i know, horrible of me).
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I never do and I'm rarely hungry. I always eat my 1200 calories, but not my exercise calories. I have lost 6 pounds in about 10-14 days :)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired after my am wrkout LOL how do u do a pm wrkout????

I've been on this site for just over a year now: I've built up to it. I get more energy from working out, but I can't do it too late since I'll be up all nite if I did :tongue: I also eat A LOT of protein which is lean muscle mass & LOTS of energy :wink:

Just stick with it, build up slowly and learn your body's limits before you go to far. You CAN do this :flowerforyou: