How often do you weigh-in?

Options
New here...how often do you weigh yourself? I know it's recommended to only weigh once a week, but so far, I am weighing myself every morning when I wake up. I can't seem to resist!

Replies

• GolfLady10
    GolfLady10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning myself, just to monitor the scale moving in the right direction. However I only enter the weight once a week into the system. Good luck to you.
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. I do it on Monday morning to motivate myself to eat well on the weekends.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week only and try to do at same time.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4042605.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sonpet
    sonpet Posts: 16
    Options
    I decided to throw away my scale this time around as i found I was way too freakin obesssed with the numbers! I would not even stand on the dam thing till i had a pee. I will use my clothes to judge loss and weigh in every couple weeks or so.
    What ever you choose...good luck
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after I go to the bathroom, but before I eat breakfast. I only record my weight loss after it is shown consistently for 2 days or more.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing a lot of people saying they do it every morning. I like to do it just once a week. Every monday I get up, use the washroom, change into my weigh-in shorts and tshirt and jump on the scale. Body weight changes to much daily for me to do it every day. I would be too disappointed only seeing small amounts or no changes on the scale so that is why I only do it once a week.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Monday morning. I will also sneak a peak during the week, but count Monday to Monday as my standard.
  • ewostar
    ewostar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday for motivation, Wednesday to see how I'm doing, and Friday to enter that amount into MFP Check in. Also Friday's weight determines what I will do for the weekend when we go dining out.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after I use the bathroom and strip down, every ounce counts:wink:

It keeps me aware and has taught me about real weight gain vs. water retention.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week. I would suggest resisting temptation to do it everyday so you dont get discouraged, and you have more to be excited about when you see you lost 5lbs at the end of the week vs. 1 or .5 here or there. Your weight may fluxuate from day to day due to water weight and other factors so its best to just do it once a week. I am just starting out and I have 40 lbs to lose, I have lost 8 so far in just over 2 weeks and trust me you will notice a difference without having to weigh yourself daily. If you arent feeling better and stronger weekly you may need to step up your workouts.

Side Note: I am kinda hard core about this though, my goal is to workout every day.
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I record mine once a week, 6am on Wednesdays.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning just before I get in the shower. I just like knowing the scale is moving in the right direction. And when my weight is up, I can immediately start working to remedy the problem. I've done the once a week weigh-ins and would get so discouraged when I had gained a few pounds after I felt like I had eaten right and worked out like a fiend. I don't necessarily feel like I obsess over weighing, I just feel like I have more control and am more accountable to myself when I weigh daily.
  • misskelly121
    Options
    I have a problem with weighing myself too often and getting discouraged. So Ive decided to just do it once a week and resist doing it everyday. Also, Ive heard that your weight fluctuates up to 5lbs daily, depending on the time of day I suppose.
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    Normally I would say once a week, but after exercising consistently for over 3 weeks and not seeing the number move, I decided to stop weighing myself for a while. I haven't checked my weight in over a month, and it's made me much less stressed.

I've been having trouble being motivated enough to work out more than 3 times a week, so I decided I wouldn't weigh myself again unless I've exercised 5 days a week for 2 weeks in a row. If I exercise every day this week, I'll be able to weigh myself again. Then even if I haven't lost weight (heaven forbid) I at least know I've gotten more disciplined with exercising.
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    I weigh every morning after i go to the bathroom (i can't resist too) but only record once a week. My "official" weigh in day is monday. :smile:
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Once a week for me.... Every friday morning when I wake up!!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when ever I feel like it. I like to see "what" I weigh "When". Sometimes I'll weigh myself after every meal to see what I weigh after a meal. Or I'll get home from my bike ride and weigh myself to see what I weigh right after working out. But the scale doesn't freak me out, I just like gathering the info. IF the scale freaks you out, stay away from it, as other have advised.

Good luck on your journey. I hope you find a way that works for you.
  • KarenS311
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on saturday.
  • paulinaciryt
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. The falling numbers remind me to do well that day. :) I also weigh myself at the gym because I broke my digital scale and have to rely on my $10 dial scale. I like for it to be precise. The different between .6 and .1 matters! haha.
  • mpj485
    mpj485 Posts: 15
    Options
    As a rule I think once a week is best, but who am I kidding I cannot resist getting on every morning. My new goal will be to ignore the scale until Monday morning because I can see myself becoming obsessed!