Options
Hi everyone, I figured I'd introduce myself since I'm new here. I'm a 30 year old from Buffalo NY. I'm here for all the love and support you guys provide. I hope to make some new friends and keep motivated with your help. Training for a 5K in May, my first ever, I've never been much of a runner. If you have tips I'd love to hear em.

Thanks everybody, I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey there! I am new here too! So I so far do not have too much advice, but I think that is amazing that you are doing the 5K! That is very admirable and will definitely broaden your horizons and get you in shape!
  • Jilli2010
    Options
    I am new too. Just started yesterday, but feel that this type of support may be very helpful to me. Hopefully, I will be of help to others too. I am excited to use this public forum to hold myself accountable and I really enjoy reading the success stories and challenges of others. I look forward to having some friends. Right now my page says I have "no friends". How sad is that? I am sure that will change soon. Much success to each of you on this journey.....
  • majikal6
    Options
    Big welcomes to everyone!!!

You'll love it here. The support and motivation is wonderful. Feel free to friend request me!!

I wish you all much success on your weight loss journey. Enjoy!!

:flowerforyou:
  • suzufrmtn
    Options
    Im new also.. having a hard time not eating at night .. if i can get that out of my head that i need to eat while i am watching tv then ill be on a roll.. hopefully this will all work for me.. now to get my self motivated to workout.. then ill be good to go ...:0)
  • apollopom1
    apollopom1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend. I just joined three weeks ago and am still very motivated. I'm thinking this site is going to be helpful because of all of the success stories. I need to stick to it this time and really get rid of this extra weight. I've had really good success so far, 13lbs in 3 weeks. Of course, I know this will slow down once I get a BMI that's within reason. (I'm sick of hearing that little voice on my Wii fitness say "that's obese".) Good luck and I need friends, too!!!
  • Marypretends
    Options
    Try drinking water while watching TV, it'll keep that muscle familiarity of putting something in your mouth/stomach and it'll help any hunger feelings. And it's good for you, bonus!