Bunch of Bananas

Options
seniorfaye
seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
Someone gave me a lot of bananas that are very ripe. They were going to throw them out and I said I would take them. I've put some in a freezer bag and labeled smoothies. The other bag they were more ripe so I put Bread on that bag. Any ideas on what else to do with them?? I would like to use them soon.....

Replies

• limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How about oatmeal banana muffins:-)
  • seniorfaye
    Options
    Sounds good , especially with the oatmeal in it. I'll have to look for a recipe. Thanks
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Mash a banana and add it to cooked oatmeal for breakfast

Mash a banana on top of peanut butter on a slice of bread. Eat as a snack or as a desert.

Brown a ripe banana in the toaster oven and serve with yogurt on top . Have a desert or a snack.
  • Jcnbarb4RN
    Options
    Banana Nut Bread!
  • tinajjohnson
    Options
    Peel them, set on parchment paper or in a container and throw in the freezer over night. Get up and put them in the food processor with some milk (I use Almond but I'm sure any will do). This magically makes ice cream -- it's delicious. Mix with some Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast or use it someother time for a snack. It's a blank canvas...
  • zatsdeb
    zatsdeb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have some I am going to make banana oatmeal cookies!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    blend half a banana with about 1/4 cup cashews in a food processor. add in a little salt, vanilla and fresh lemon juice. you could make a huge batch of this and smooth it into a pie shell, and you've got a vegan banana "cheese"cake. its really really good :)
  • seniorfaye
    Options
    I have never eat oatmeal with bananas ,just use blueberries. Might need a change though. What about baking the banana in the toaster oven.? Do you put anything on it?
  • seniorfaye
    Options
    A lot of ideas.. We always love to freeze the bananas and then blend with yogurt and skim milk and a little sugar. We got on that kick for a long time...
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Something totally not very healthy but a once in a great while treat: 1 can corned beef hash, 1 8oz can tomato sauce, 2 bananas broken into 1-2'' pieces, 4oz water. Throw it all in a skillet and cook for about 20 min or so til the nanas are all gooey and cooked through. Serve over white rice. It's a Puerto Rican thing my hubby introduced me too. Sounds atrocious but it the best thing ever, (and again, so NOT healthy but hey, you only live once) :wink:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have never eat oatmeal with bananas ,just use blueberries. Might need a change though. What about baking the banana in the toaster oven.? Do you put anything on it?

Yes, just add yogurt, any kind, any flavor; and if the banana is still warm is better, at least for me.
  • amyrial
    Options
    banana pancakes are good also
  • tara473
    tara473 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do you use frozen bananas for smoothies??? I have a WHOLE bag in my freezer as my family is very fussy about any amount of 'brown' spots on their banana's!