100 Push up Challenge Starting Monday

Options
13»

Replies

• LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Rank 1, week 1, day 1: 14 modified done.. . . nowhere to go but up!
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 (far left column)

I think I did it. When I had to do three my knees briefly touched the floor, so that's cheating I believe.

When my knees aren't hitting the floor, I think I cheated slightly by not going low enough to the floor. I went down a little, like halfway, and then pushed back up.

I still really struggled and my arms are burning!!!!!

Hopefully day 2 will be better. I want to have good form, but I really SUCK right now!!!!

If you are not able to do 1 or two with good form, you are probably better off seeing how many you can do with your knees on the ground. Once that becomes easy, you can switch back to knees off ground and recallibrate.
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Nsueflorence
    slimkitty
    sundaysurf
    loriefolk
    Burtonrah
    rnroadrunner
    Metalhead187
    CarolHudson11
    Tuckersn
    MsImperfect0
    sweetwaterarabian
    BobbyDaniel
    Hotlips69
    nzboxer
    golflady10
    kendf60
    RoyaD
    sare26
    wifemomdvm
    flipnsexy
    liz827
    JennyJH
    Cherrieruns
    slummymummy
    lg61820
    MrsMills712
    RebeccaM2386
    es5864

I am in too! I have never been very good at push ups, but I am willing to give it a go!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    yeah careful there! you dont want injury!

how is your form?
    You should be using a slightly wider than shoulder width position, and remember to try and sorta tuck in your elbows towards your torso. This will help shoulder longevity. And also build your tri's up a bit too! Doing it this way is hard...but more effective.

Whatever you do, dont do a pushup with your arms held wider than a cadillac! doing the amount of pushups it asks per week is going to do damage (maybe noe - but still!!)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Thank for the advice. I watched Jillian Michaels talk about proper form. I think everything was in place, just didn't quite have the strength to do it. :sad:

I am sooooo sore today. I'm such a weenie. I guess I will have to try with the knees then... :frown:
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Week one, day 2, done!