Cliff Bars

mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
My boyfriend eats them. I saw they were on sale and picked one up. Good or Bad? I want opinions!

Replies

• jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    I have been looking for a quick way to add protein after a workout and I picked up two of these to try too, so I hope the opinions aren't too bad!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I say there somewhere in the middle. They're not terribly bad, but for the amount of calories in them, you could eat a lot more "regular" food.

But if I were extremely pressed for time, or on the road, i'd consider it.
  • Good for breakfast if you're really pressed for time, and planning on working out that day (lots of carbohydrates and calories) - a great source of energy, though.
  • yes cliff bars are amazing i love them. for a few reasons!
    they provide a very good protein boost
    without the bloated feeling!
    they're probably the best tasting protein bars I've ever had, and I tried a million
    they're vegan and really good for you, I remember reading the ingredients and there aren't any fishy ingredients ! so go for it!:)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I use them when I'm hiking for a pick me up (I'm talking a 3-4 hour hike). I love the chocolate brownie and crunchy peanut butter the best.
  • I get the Clif Builder bars when they are on sale at the supermarket for a buck a bar. They are a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack for me.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    I use them when I'm hiking for a pick me up (I'm talking a 3-4 hour hike). I love the chocolate brownie and crunchy peanut butter the best.

ummm i got the brownie one! okay good i am excited!
  • I've tried them and really liked them!! Nothing like I expected, in a great way!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    They're great if you're looking for ways to increase your calorie intake in a healthy way. They're pretty packed with nutrients, but not that filling. If you're restricting calories, you could definitely find more volume for the calorie amount elsewhere. In that I mean you could eat more 'real' food (e.g fresh produce) compared to one little bar.
  • I eat the Cliff Builders because it has 20g of protein. I like them because there portable and work in a pinch to get in calories n protein .And they taste good. I like the Peanut Butter and Choc Mint.

I dont know about using them if your trying to loose weight. I suppose you could use them as a meal replacement because there high in calories. About 270.

I dont know about the other bars Cliff offers.Just check out the nutritional info and see if its some thing that works for you.

Good luck
  • Pure protein bars are much better for watching calories...they are 180 cals and 20 grams of protein so it sticks with you forever and i think that makes them like 50 cals less than the others...smaller bars but more protein
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Pure Protein bars have only a couple grams of sugar in them as well, but they make up for that in sugar alcohols, so people who are sensitive to sugar alcohols need to be careful.

I prefer Pure Protein bars when I want a lot of protein, with fewer calories and less sugar. I think that they taste like awesome, dense candy bars and they fill me up for a good chunk of time.

Clif Bars come in a lot more flavors, every last one of which I've tried has been very tasty. They do have a higher sugar and calorie count, but I tend to use them more as a meal replacement on the run kind of thing moreso than a snack or supplement bar within the day.

And I have pretty much the same feelings on Luna Bars that I do on Clif Bars.

I only pick any of them up when they're on sale for a buck or less per bar.
This discussion has been closed.