a little help here

I went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with my mom tonight. I didn't order anything but the salad bar...I did, however, eat 2 plates of salad. mostly veggies...I think there was a little ham and a tossed a few of those pumpernickel croutons on top...I use the lite dressing. Anyone know how I should count my calories for the day?

Replies

• I went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with my mom tonight. I didn't order anything but the salad bar...I did, however, eat 2 plates of salad. mostly veggies...I think there was a little ham and a tossed a few of those pumpernickel croutons on top...I use the lite dressing. Anyone know how I should count my calories for the day?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I try to estimate, but I'm really super good at eyeballing portions after a year of doing it. I don't count things like lettuce or celery (AKA 'crunchy water' hehe). You could try to estimate how much pumpernickel, ham, and salad dressing you had.
  • the following website has a lot of nutritional info on lots of foods, including different salads:
    http://www.soupersalad.com/source/Nutrition/Select_Nutrition_Category.aspx