Hamburger Receipe

Options
Bluesmilie
Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
I want a hamburger so bad :( Anyone have a nice receipe to share?

Replies

• sarasotatim
    Options
    When we make 'em, I do lean ground beef of course, and usually marinate with Worchestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, then bake or broil them...yummy :) Turkey is awesome that way too!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i put cut up zucchini in my meat mixture and either make meatloaf or burgers...i had it the other night YUM!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Burgers

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 8 minutes
    Total Time: 18 minutesIngredients:
    •1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
    •1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
    •1 large egg, beaten
    •2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
    •1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    •1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    •1 Tbsp canola oil
    •4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
    •Toppings (optional)
    •Lettuce leaves
    •Sliced tomato
    •Sliced onion
    •Sliced pickle
    •Catsup
    •Mustard
    Preparation:
    1. Place the black beans in a medium-sized bowl. With the back of a fork, partially mash the beans until they are able to be shaped into a patty. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, worcestershire sauce, and black pepper, and mix together well.

2. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

3. Use 1/4 of the bean mixtue for each patty. Shape each portion into patties that are about 3/4-inch thick.

4. Place the patties into the skillet, and cook on each side about 4 mintues, or until the patties becomes lightly browned and are firm.

5. Serve each patty on a whole wheat bun, and finish off with the burger toppings you desire.

Serves 4

Per Serving Calories 271
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Buffalo is in most stores, super lean, fine chop oodles of onions and green pepper, black pepper coarse ground, 2 eggs per pound. Less than 240 cal and killer I just made venison Italian meatballs too. same gig venison is very low fat.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i use extra lean ground turkey, one package, about 1/2 cup of pizza quick sauce (has less carbs) and some italian seasoning. Make 4 patties and cook them in a pan. Pour some sauce on top with some low fat mozzarella! turn off heat and cover until cheese is melted. Yummo!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did a turkey burger on the grill last week, and it really helped with the burger craving I was having. A 1/4 pound lean ground turkey, a little salt, some pepper, some no salt added seasoning, and popped it on the grill. Ahhh nothing like grilling when it's 15 degrees outside.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1 lbs. extra lean ground beef
    2-3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes (I like more!)
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    1 egg
    1 packet of onion mix or 1/2 of an onion

Form patties and grill. Makes 5 hamburgers.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I use 93% lean hamburg/fine chopped onion/garlic powder/ dash cumin/ worcestershire sauce (0 cal)/ , melt american sliced cheese on top ( found a 35 cal/slice cheese), slice a garlic dill pickle which is less than 1 cal for whole pickle, lettuce or spinach, a squirt of mustard and put on Arnold's thin multigrain sandwich round ..... is delish!

The whole thing INCLUDING toppings/seasonings/ and sandwich thin (bread) = 300 -310 calories...not bad for a meal.
    I have found Special K sour cream and onion crackers that are just as good as baked potato chips 27 = 1 serving, I usually have 12 - 15 and am satisfied. Most crackers are 6-16 /serving so this is good. ENJOY!:happy:
  • Nlofton
    Options
    if u like ground turkey u can make ground turkey sliders I really like to add garlic, onion and jalapenos in them they r so good and better for u than ground beef!!!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Take a lb of lean ground turkey
    1/2c grated onion
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 c. Egg beaters
    1 tsp tomato paste
    1tsp. Salt
    1/4 c fat free feta cheese
    1 tbls. Canola oil

Mix it all together and form into patties. Sprinkle with mcormick steak seasoning on both sides. Let rest for 15 min outside of the fridge. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add turkey burgers and cook 3-4 min per side. Let rest before eating. I use sandwich thins for the bun. Top with large slices beef steak tomatoes, pickles, lettuce and ketchup. Mmmm