its my anniversary..whats something i can cook for the man t

Options
Hello everyone :)

It's my one year with my bf today :) (sounds pretty lame) but he is the one haha... anyways ive just had the biggest bouqet of white lillies i have ever seen delivered to my work... even though we promised not to do anything because we're building a house and need to save!

He has been soooo good over all of this weightloss and i know how he loves delicious foods! Whats something i can make for dinner tonight that's not going to make me go over board or anything! i have 1300cal left.... think men! and what they like to eat haha

thanks guys

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and he loves italian.... pasta, pizza etc
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    How about Salmon?
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    nopee haha we dont eat seafood! lol :)
  • Junglemonkey
    Junglemonkey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would try some angel hair pasta tossed with chopped fresh tomatoes, garlic, chopped basil and a little olive oil. You can make some nice garlic bread for him, and a big, crispy salad for the both of you.

If you're looking for dessert later, strawberries are always nice.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    all I can think right now is steak lol... hopefully you'll get a healthier answer :)
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You could do a pork loin. There are some at the grocery store that are pre-marinated or seasoned and at usually about 130 to 140 calories a serving. And they are less than $10. You could add some steamed veggies (get frozen ones that you steam in the bag) and another side that you two like. It's an inexpensive and low calorie meal as well as super easy and quick to make.
  • pursuinghappiness
    Options
    steak
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a nice lean cut of steak. Grill that bad boy, serve with veggies, a salad, and brown rice. Add wine and beer as needed. Have some fruit for dessert. Maybe chocolate dipped if you've got calories left.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    filet mignon wrapped in bacon. I can't think of anything that tells a man "I love you" more than beef AND bacon!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would try some angel hair pasta tossed with chopped fresh tomatoes, garlic, chopped basil and a little olive oil. You can make some nice garlic bread for him, and a big, crispy salad for the both of you.

mmmm I second this!! This is similar to what I would have said!
  • kiannlouise
    Options

mmmm I second this!! This is similar to what I would have said!

Is this meal very healthy though ?
    sounds delicious but!
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    haha all i could think of was steak too! thats why i posted this haha.... hmmm some good ideas here!
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    If you want pasta go with whole grain. I love making bulgur wheat with chopped onions, olive oil, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and instead of eating it with chips, eating it with cabbage! So good. Check out this website:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/quick_healthy_pasta_recipes
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Ths is my hubbys favorite.
    Sage simmered pork chops

4 3/4-inch thick boneless porkchops
    1 pkg sliced baby Bella mushrooms
    1 large yellow onion sliced
    1/4c. Whole wheat flour
    2tsp. Beef bouillon granules
    1/4c egg beaters
    1 tsp. Ground dried sage
    2 tsp canola oil
    1tsp salt

Put the egg beaters in a shallow dish. Mix flour, sage and bouillon in another dish. Pat chops dry then dip in egg followed by flour mixture. Set aside. In a non stick Pan heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add veggies and salt and cook til soft and startin to brown. Remove from pan but don't rinse it. Add remaining oil and heat over medium high heat. Add breaded chops and cook 2-3 min per side til browned. Add veggies on top and cover and cook an additional 2 min. Serve with steamed brown rice that's been cooked in beef stock. Soooo delicious and oh so healthy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like the parmesan-crusted things, you can take pork loin chops or chicken breasts, dip in egg then a bread-crumbs and parmesan (1/3 cup of each mixed together) and saute in a little oil. It's not the leanest thing, but it's not bad, about 300 cals depending on the serving size of meat, you can serve that over a little pasta with tomato sauce and a nice salad and keep it to 500 cals.
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    If you want pasta go with whole grain. I love making bulgur wheat with chopped onions, olive oil, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and instead of eating it with chips, eating it with cabbage! So good. Check out this website:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/quick_healthy_pasta_recipes

that website is awesome thanku :)

thanks girls for those recipes! im printing them lol
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    filet mignon wrapped in bacon. I can't think of anything that tells a man "I love you" more than beef AND bacon!

Bacon-wrapped beef for the win!