coca cola zero

Options
Hello everyone!I was just wondering if coca cola zero is bad for you i only drink water but need something for energy I hate coffee so I started drinking this its been helping ..I went to the doctor and I am not lacking any vitamins or anything , sooo thats not the problem I just dont want to drink something that will do more harm than good..Thanx

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Coke....diet or otherwise is NOT good for you.....both in the long run only hinder weight loss....avoid it at ALL costs.....I would try 5 hour energy...I've heard good things about them....and they have about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.....just keep drinking that water and eating fruit....those natural sugars always seem to give me a much needed boost!

Good luck!
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    girl that is all i drink when it comes to soda. i'm still losing
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    coke zero definitely tastes yummy but i stay away from diet sodas because of the fake sugar. maybe you can try green tea? my favorite kind is unsweetened jasmine tea, but sometimes i'll add skim milk and some honey. green tea is rich in antioxidants, much more so than black tea. that said, it only has half as much caffeine as black tea, so it may not provide the energy you're looking for. i hope you find something that works for you!
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    I would say once in a while would not hurt you
    Water is the best thing for you but once in awhile a treat is a treat there are worse things for you
  • Artemis_Blooms
    Options
    I don't drink it often, but when I need a cola fix, I go to it. Five hour energy is a good pick me up and I haven't had any adverse effects on it.

Carbonated diet drinks are not healthy for a few reasons.

1. The phosphates used to carbonate the soda can leach calcium from your bones (and teeth!)
    2. The fake sugars are carcinogens.
    3. Some say the intense sweetness can make people crave more sweet things thereby raising glycemic index.

I think like all things, moderation and you'll be fine. :)
  • Artemis_Blooms
    Options
    That sounds tasty! I think I'll try it! (I do enjoy black tea in the morning!)
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is practically the same thing as Diet Coke. It's marketed toward men, hence the packaging difference. I think there MIGHT be slightly more sodium in a Coke zero, though.

I drink either once in a while. But I drink Diet caffeine-free Coke almost daily. I don't think you should have to give up everything :) especially since the calories are zero, sodium is relatively low and there's little sugar. Just don't overdo it and you should be fine :) Hasn't hindered my weight loss at all!

Hope this helped!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I drink diet pepsi every day, already dropped over 60 lbs...I am under 10% bodyfat, heading towards my goal of 6%. Enough said!
  • GolfLady10
    GolfLady10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero also. It's the best. But I have 1 per day if I want. Then it's after I have had at least 4 glasses of water. I enjoy it with my lunch on most days. I used to drink alot more and am working on cutting out diet soda all together. Water is the way to go.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I drink diet pepsi every day, already dropped over 60 lbs...I am under 10% bodyfat, heading towards my goal of 6%. Enough said!

:happy: You are an inspiration to all of us DIET soda drinkers!
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    there are so many horrible things to be said about "diet" soda. Aspartame is a horrendous thing to put in your body! I know people who like diet drinks don't want to hear it (I was one of you once upon a time) but do any reading into the history and facts about aspartame and you would be a fool to consume it, EVER.
    if you have to have soda, just drink a regular one, but I would recommend not drinking pop, there is NOTHING in it that is good for you.
    If you need a sweet drink, organic fruit juice is the way to go in my opinion!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Try tea. A cup of earl grey with a bit of milk and some sugar free vanilla syrup is awesome. Not a ton of caffeine but enough to help a bit. Make sure you sleep enough at night (says the girl typing this at nearly 2am). It's alot easier to stay up during the day when you sleep well at night. Try to eat smaller more frequent meals instead of big ones. The big meals cause a bigger realease of insulin which may overcompensate for the food you've eaten, leaving you tired and sluggish.
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All you people posting about the adverse effects of Aspartame (which is in your low fat yogurts, many health bars, and a large range of other non "diet" products) have yet to post any quantitative proof. If you have any, I would sure like to see it, as I consume many a fake-sugar containing product and know many people who have for many many years with no problems.

On a helpful note, I would say look for products containing Stevia extract, a.k.a, Truvia. If you're freaked out about Aspartame, this is made from the Stevia plant, so it's a natural way to go and it tastes really good, without the weird after effects I still notice from Aspartame products. Sobe "Lifewater" is a good product I'd recommend.

They also make a "Zevia" Stevia cola product.

But, at the end of the day, I would say go with Coke Zero and don't worry about it.
  • Dubach
    Options
    I recommend water,green tea and crystal light.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero + Capt. Morgan is the best.
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    All you people posting about the adverse effects of Aspartame (which is in your low fat yogurts, many health bars, and a large range of other non "diet" products) have yet to post any quantitative proof. If you have any, I would sure like to see it, as I consume many a fake-sugar containing product and know many people who have for many many years with no problems.

On a helpful note, I would say look for products containing Stevia extract, a.k.a, Truvia. If you're freaked out about Aspartame, this is made from the Stevia plant, so it's a natural way to go and it tastes really good, without the weird after effects I still notice from Aspartame products. Sobe "Lifewater" is a good product I'd recommend.

They also make a "Zevia" Stevia cola product.

But, at the end of the day, I would say go with Coke Zero and don't worry about it.

really all you need to do is type aspartame into google and you can read all about it! there are aspartame victim support groups for pete's sake! Think about it. It's a synthetic CHEMICAL, which means you should be putting as little of that into your body as possible! the Methanol, which makes up 10 percent of aspartame converts into FORMALDEHYDE(which is a carcinogen, and can cause birth defects) when ingested. But to make it easy for you how about I just post some websites you can refer to.

first, here's just an exert from this website about aspartame dangers on the process of FDA approval for aspartame (it went to trial *8* times before it was approved!) http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/aspartame.htm
    How was aspartame approved?

Dr. Schwartz was asked to elaborate on a statement attributed to former Senator Metzenbaum, now of the Consumer Federation of America in Washington, DC who said, "The approval process of aspartame has had a questionable history."

Dr. Schwartz: "When aspartame was first introduced for approval by the FDA, it was considered to be a sweetener, not an additive or a drug, and with a great deal of lobbying, the discussions were propelled through the approval proceedings, and the numerous case reports from individuals with adverse reactions were ignored."

From Dr. Blaylock's book we learn that, "In 1975 the drug enforcement division of the Bureau of Foods investigated the G. D. Searle company as part of an investigation of "apparent irregularities in data collection and reporting practices." The director of the FDA at that time stated that they found "sloppy" laboratory techniques and "clerical errors, mixed-up animals, animals not getting the drugs they were supposed to get, pathological specimens lost because of improper handling, and a variety of other errors, (which) even if innocent, all conspire to obscure positive findings and produce falsely negative results."

"The drug enforcement division carried out a study under the care of agent Jerome Bressler concerning Searle's laboratory practices and data manipulation. This important report was buried in a file cabinet, never to be acted on by the FDA.

"Although aspartame-produced tumors in rats do not equal tumors in humans, after aspartame consumption began, there have been more brain tumors. In the years 1973 to 1990, the number of brain tumors in people over sixty five has increased by 67 percent (National Cancer Institute SEER Program Data)."4

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

http://www.sweetpoison.com/

These are just a few of the websites out there, and there are hundreds and hundreds of books on the subject as well. Don't believe everything you are told. the FDA is a greedy, corrupt organization that really has no care for the heath of the people as long as there's a buck in it for them.

I know if you rely on diet products for weight loss you will not want to take in this information and will likely dismiss it as "conspiracy theories", but please, think with your own head, know the facts, and don't use this awful chemical. If you can find ztevia products, this is a much more healthy alternative!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Coke....diet or otherwise is NOT good for you.....both in the long run only hinder weight loss....avoid it at ALL costs.....I would try 5 hour energy...I've heard good things about them....and they have about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.....just keep drinking that water and eating fruit....those natural sugars always seem to give me a much needed boost!

Good luck!

they only hinder weight loss for some people not all.each person is diffrent.I drink one atleast every other day and ive lost 40 lbs so far.I have never had an increase in cravings or anything.I think its ok as long as you still drink lots of water.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    It is my fix, and I will not give it up.......has never stopped me from weight loss.....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    my great grandma drank a diet coke every day for years and lived to be 104. but thats just her