Lost 13lbs in 6 Days...is this normal?

Options
Hi Everyone. :)
Its been 6 Days since I started using this and Ive already lost 13lbs. Is this normal? I know I have ALOT of weight to lose so Im assuming in the beginning more will come off, BUT is like 2lbs or so a day something I should be concerned about?

Replies

• lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight lost.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    I lose weight suuper fast too, I lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks (I mean, I guess that's fast compared to most people?)
    I guess if you have a lot to lose, you probably lose it in the beginning. It might also be water weight, so drink lots of water.
  • vballer21
    Options
    Yes it's normal, if you have the weight to lose it will come off easily the first couple weeks.
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wonder if it is water weigt you are losing.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    also, weigh yourself using the same scale everytime and at around the same time of day.
    my weight is usually 3 to 4 lbs different from the middle of the day to the end of the day.
    and of course some scales are a little off.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i am by far an expert or anything but i think it is probably normal, especially if you have drastically changed your food and water intake as well as started exercising. wont last long though. might just be water weight (i am sure someone else will confirm this)...

be careful though and make sure to see your doc so he/she knows what you are doing.
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal if you've been eating a healthy amount of calories. A likely reason would be a high sodium diet 7 days ago and before, and a lower sodium more calorie conscious one now. Embrace your newly lost pounds! :)
    (But don't be discouraged if they all don't come off so easily!) Way to go!!
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    it all depends... Ive been losing about a pound to half pound a day... just make sure your bulk of cal. are from fresh healthy choices, if they are then I dont see a problem... it the beginning it pretty quick and will plateau but dont get discouraged.... good job though
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It is a lot to lose in such a short time. I would keep an eye on how you go for the next week or so.
    If you are eating the recommended amount of calories and drinking enough water and continue at this rate, I think you should see your doctor to rule out anything funny going on.
    Of course it's probably just your body's response to a change in eating habits, but it isn't safe to lose weight at this rate over a longer time.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    When I started working out I dropped 15 lbs in 9 days, After that it got a little harder but Im still at it and feeling Great. Good Luck.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I lose weight suuper fast too, I lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks (I mean, I guess that's fast compared to most people?)
    I guess if you have a lot to lose, you probably lose it in the beginning. It might also be water weight, so drink lots of water.

I am the same way. I lost 14lbs in 2 weeks! I know it will slow down some. But normally I drop it pretty fast. Hopefully I can keep around 3-4 a week.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for your body but it sounds pretty standard to me. Normally when you start a diet, you eat healthier foods. Healthier foods have lower sodium. Sodium causes water retention, so, less sodium = less water retention = lots of (water) lbs dropped. When the excess water is removed your weight loss should stabilize. As long as you are eating an appropriate amount of calories and cutting out the processed garbage foods it should even out. If not, I would check with your doctor to make sure every thing is in check. Congrats on your first big step in the right direction! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE. I LOVE SALT & EATING DIFFERENTLY HAS TOTALLY CUT MY SALT INTAKE DRASTICALLY. SO THE SALT & WATER WEIGHT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE. I GUESS COOKIES, CHIPS, SODA, CANDIES AND MCD'S WASNT VERY GOOD FOR ME. HAHA
    I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER & ENERGIZED. I LOVE THIS APP/PROGRAM. ALL YOUR WORDS & PICTURES ARE SO ENCOURAGING. :happy:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO RESPOND TO MY POSTING. :smile: