TBH I am so Scared!

Options
After Thursday and my shock breakdown (10 months of holding everything in), I am too scared to exercise, leaving the house is a scary thought for me...

I have tried and tired to think of mini goals to set myself, and its not happening (nothing at the moment excites me)!
I am feeling pretty unmotivated!

Help me find motivation please!

Replies

• AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    First of all you need to talk to a Councillor of some sort about what your fears are and ways of coping with the stress and fear of leaving the house. Second, you need to think of goals to help push your boundaries each day so that you don't get stuck in that fear of leaving the house. Try walking to the letter box one day and around the house on the next, or other things like that. If you can't make it all the way to whatever destination you have set yourself, it's ok, just make sure you try your best.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    maybe you can start exercising at home. Anything cardio, walking, jogging in place. Gradually maybe get outside and walk around the block. You can do it. Baby steps.......
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chick, that sounds terrible... its **** that you're feeling that way, but what are you afraid of? If anything i'm the other way around. I'm afraid if i don't get out of the house, exercise and lose weight I would just keep putting it on and feel disgusting!
    Maybe sit down with your bf and come up with some exciting healthy recipes for dinner, set some mini goals for exercise! and buy yourself an iPod to keep you going :)
  • messyanderson
    Options
    If you can't get yourself to leave the house to exercise, there are plenty of things you can do in your house. If you have Netflix, there are lots of exercise movies on that...Also, you can just look up videos on Youtube.com and there are tons of articles online of any type of fitness program you want to do. Just type in what you want to focus on google(cardio, strenght training, abs, legs...etc...) and I"m sure tons of things will come up! Also, if you have any kind of gaming syster (xbox, wii...) there are fitness games. It is very easy to loose weight without leaving your home. If you are feeling like vigorous exercise is too much for you right now, try yoga. I LOVE yoga...it always helps me with my mental health and it still helps your body feel healthy. Again...tons of Yoga on Netflix, youtube, google, and gaming systems...my personal favorite yoga company is Gaiam with Rodney Yee as the instructor. He does begginer stuff too. Good luck!
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Thank you guys!

I just hope my Hubby can kick my butt tonight!
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Yay just an update! Hubby took me up the road and I walked home with monty as he drove beside me
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Good start about the walk and what a good idea. Don't be afraid, you are not alone. Take baby steps if you need to. We'll be here for you and not going anywhere. :-)