What habits help you succeed?

Options
2»

Replies

• DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Never let myself get too hungry. That's when I make bad decisions.
    I started weighing everything I eat. Very eye-opening to controlling portion size.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i work out like crazy (5/6 days a week, various classes, strength training, c25k, hiking, etc) and i eat ice cream (the good stuff - coldstone - cake batter ice cream with cookie dough and chocolate shavings) once a week.

i've learned to love working out and crave the great feeling of accomplishment it brings. i must have ice cream. if i don't allow myself to have it, i binge.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I have been going through some stress lately and fell off the bandwagon, after losing 6 pounds. Frustrating! I've been planning my weekday meals but forgetting to keep my plan in front of me. And then, I've also been bombing way out of my calorie range on the weekends because its not my regular routine, and I get distracted.

I am going to work on applying all of your tips! Another one too is getting more sleep. I feel like I'm hungry all the time when I'm tired!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Remembering that I am logging every bite makes me think twice before taking a bite.
    Keeping my breakfast and lunches just about the same everyday so that I don't have to worry too much about dinner calories
    Being active at least 30 mins a day. ( I only missed 3 days in January~ which has never happened before.... it used to be I was lucky if I did something 3 times a month!)
    Remembering this is a journey, not a destination. I didn't just wake up fat one day... it took me years! So I won't be thin tomorrow (darn!)
    Measuring my food. Invested in a food scale. Love it!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Carrying my fancy blue hippie water bottle with me everywhere. :)
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Exercising when I'm cold. Great way to keep warm without spending money on heating!
  • Katymom22
    Options
    only drinking water...i love 0 calorie life water because it tastes sweet and curbs my sweet cravings...my fave flavor is strawberry kiwi lemonaide!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Another one too is getting more sleep. I feel like I'm hungry all the time when I'm tired!

I had that when I was driving OTR. Nibbling would help me stay awake behind the wheel. And put on pounds. Eat more protein with each meal as well as fiber and you will feel full longer. Protein(1g for every 20cals in the meal) keeps the metabo smooth and not spiking and crashing. The crash is when you feel hungry and it's usually for carbs. "Negative calorie" foods like pickles and celery b/c you burn more calories digesting them than they contain. Pickles have sodium, tho so drink some water to compensate.