Eating more to LOSE!!

Options

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's still psychologically scary, but it's right! Thanks for the post.
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the article. It was a good read.
  • tkrepps
    Options
    This is a great article, but now I am really confused. If that is how we are to eat, I would have to consume a minimum of 1800 calories, however on MFP my calorie intake is set at 1260. Any suggestions.

Tracy
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great article!
    @tkrepps - Go to the 'tools' tab and enter your details into the BMR calculator. Is it 1800? Or is 1800 your maintenance calories? I recommend this post here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits?hl=guide+to+calorie+deficits
    It explains everything.
    Basically, MFP doesn't factor in BMRs. You put in how much weight you want to lose each week and it churns out a deficit for you - 500calories per day for each pound a week. So, if you've asked it to help you lose 2lbs a week it'll automatically subtract 1000 calories off of your maintenance calories and set that as your daily target (there's a cut off point of 1200 which it doesn't go below). It's up to you to change the deficit yourself so that you're eating your BMR.
  • tkrepps
    Options
    Basically, MFP doesn't factor in BMRs. You put in how much weight you want to lose each week and it churns out a deficit for you - 500calories per day for each pound a week. So, if you've asked it to help you lose 2lbs a week it'll automatically subtract 1000 calories off of your maintenance calories and set that as your daily target (there's a cut off point of 1200 which it doesn't go below). It's up to you to change the deficit yourself so that you're eating your BMR.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.
    Tracy