i really need to get this off my chest...

2»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Dear Wenders,

Since you're new you may not have noticed that we must have had at least ten threads on the same subject this week. I agree that there is no harm in duplication, but this matter has really been flogged to death this week. My issue was not with the duplication, however, it was with the slightly aggressive (lots of capitalisation etc) nature of bringing opinion across, which im my opinion serves no purpose but to polarise opinion further and further on this issue. Whether you find my opinion on this helpful or not is kind of neither here nor there, I still have a right to express it.
  • Someone posted this site on another topic that I found interesting. I am a little confused now because they say that your minimum calorie intake should be your weight times 10. I am 183 so they are telling me my minimum would be 1830, however MFP has me at 1260 calories a day. Any suggestions would be great. I also agree with this post. Well put.

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Eat-More-to-Lose-Weight.htm
  • Dear Wenders,

Since you're new you may not have noticed that we must have had at least ten threads on the same subject this week. I agree that there is no harm in duplication, but this matter has really been flogged to death this week. My issue was not with the duplication, however, it was with the slightly aggressive (lots of capitalisation etc) nature of bringing opinion across, which im my opinion serves no purpose but to polarise opinion further and further on this issue. Whether you find my opinion on this helpful or not is kind of neither here nor there, I still have a right to express it.

which could be said about your comment on the way that i expressed my opinion. it is simply your opinion that it will drive the two camps apart. by giving someone articles & facts as i have followed up my post with it gives them the resources to form their own opinion & if at that point they stick to their "camp" then it is what it is. & i know myself when someone gives it to me straight & really drives the point home i tend to listen more carefully to determine if it's mindless or informed speech. everyone has an opinion, but not everyone can back it up with something of substance. & for someone that is so displeased with the number of threads on the subject i find it curious that you even read the thread, let alone commented on it.
  • Someone posted this site on another topic that I found interesting. I am a little confused now because they say that your minimum calorie intake should be your weight times 10. I am 183 so they are telling me my minimum would be 1830, however MFP has me at 1260 calories a day. Any suggestions would be great. I also agree with this post. Well put.

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Eat-More-to-Lose-Weight.htm

MFP has taken the goal you inputed (1-2lbs per week) & implimented a calorie goal that allows you to lose that much weight weekly without any working out (which is why it's important to eat what you burn)

as the final article in my loong atricle post says it does matter what %body fat you have which most people don't take into account.
This discussion has been closed.