other diets

Options
are people doing other diets, or simply just following this calorie measuring?
I know exercising as well
but just curious as to what people are doing to be succesful

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am sticking with MFP (calorie counting) and exercising. I trust MFP, it works for me. I don't want to mess with that.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hiya - my cousins recently all followed the HCG diet, although apparently this is pretty strict! Not entirely sure what it involves, some form of homeopathic drops and a 500cal diet for 3 weeks, but I'm just sticking to exercising more, eating fewer 'stodgy' carbs and watching my intake of processed foods.

H :)
  • monica208
    Options
    Just calorie counting and excercise
  • pinkedg02
    Options
    Sticking to calorie counting and a bit more exercise, 30 minutes, 3 times a week, it works for me.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting but have adjusted the balance of protein to carbs ratio on here by increasing the protein a little as I don't lose if my carbs are too high.
  • Hammock
    Options
    Hi there and welcome aboard the Success Train!

I am basically counting calories and exercising. I find the food groups very useful to refer to. They are at the bottom of the tracking columns, and they tell you if you are eating too much fat, or protein, or not enough carbs, etc. I don't manage to create a daily eating plan that fits those figures perfectly, but at least they are a guideline to tell you if what you're eating is really out of whack! In Canada we have a Canada Food Guide and that is also very useful to refer to as you wonder sometimes what to eat! It is online for anyone, by the way!

I have never counted calories and exercised TOGETHER before and I am finding it an excellent combinauion for me. Always in the past I did Weight Watchers, and they have a point system for foods and exercise. However, that doesn't tell you as clearly and forcefully as this program does, exactly what you are eating that is putting on the calories, and it doesn't show you as clearly what you can do to burn some of those calories off. I really like the way this works for me. It has been a month-- I started on Jan. 1st -- and it has been great! I am actually looking forward to what this month will bring!! No looking back!