No More Thicky Mickey

Options
Hi, my name is Rhonda and I just made 26 years old this past Saturday.
I've always had a weight problem. As a little girl, I was considered "cute and chubby" but at 284 pounds, I am far from "chubby" and that is sooooooooo not "cute". I want people to look at me and NOT say, "You have such a pretty face" (WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF MY BODY??) or use the word "Big" to describe me (Example: BIG RED, BIG BONED, BIG FINE -- Is it really a compliment if you have to use the word BIG??)
I do not doubt that I am pretty or cute but I want to be the beautiful lady in the dress, shorts, halter top, or any article of clothing that shows some skin. Summers are too hot to be stuck in jeans and I want to be able to post profile pictures that show more than my face.
The people on this website have been very encouraging so far and I feel motivated enough to make this long time dream a reality...
So if people are reading this, wish me luck. Feel free to add me: I can use all the support you have to give and I can be very supportive as well....

Replies

• AlabamaBella
    AlabamaBella Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck Rhonda! You are taking the first step in the right direction. I truly love this website. I been using it for a few weeks now, and it is so many supportive people on here. Sometime we need a little nudge to keep us motivated and going. I am all to familiar with the terms "big red" or "big boned", for once I would love to hear she is hot!! (lol) Welcome aboard and again, i wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an exciting journey! You're starting with the right attitude and as you should already know attitude is EVERYTHING! Enjoy it and cherish it! You have lots of support here along the way.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good WORK Rhonda because we make our own luck here! Boy can I relate to the "pretty face comments and sticving to head shots. This has plagued me my entire life. My daughter introduced me to this sight a month ago and in that month I have lost 11 pounds and it has never been easier. BTW my daughter has lost a total of 60 lbs. Who would have thought with all the gimmicks I've tried over the years that it would boil down to simple math. I can see in a glance any time of day exactly what I've I've put in verses what I've put out and it works! I have been more motivated to exercise than ever before (it earns me an evening snack...lol) and I feel stronger than I ever have at 45 years old! My daughter and I have combined this web site with the "Couch to 5k" program and I can almost see my body changing daily. I wish you all the success that we have found here.