Could do with some help please (uk)

xerinx2011
xerinx2011 Posts: 222
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Well this is week 1 of the new me!! And im gonna be going food shopping on friday and could do with a shopping list to be honest! Im on ultra slim so only need ingriedients for a 600 calorie dinner.

Im feeling like im running out of ideas already!! We like everything but peppers and really spicy things! Its also got to be suitable for a 1 year old as he eats the same as us! I dont like bland food and love flavours! Ohhhh and i also need some good snacks at around 100 cals too :)

Or does anyone know a good website that will do this for me?

Thanks guys/girls :D

Replies

• kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    bbcgoodfood.com offer recipies containing 200 - 400 cals, might be useful?

Good luck!!!!
  • DuctTapedDancer
    DuctTapedDancer Posts: 2 Member
    Well done! I'm new to MFP this week as well!
    I recently found http://agirlandhercarrot.wordpress.com/ There are some fun and nutritionally-rich snacks & meals that hold hunger pangs in check well.
    Best of luck and in the great words of Dora (Finding Nemo <movie>)...."just keep swimming!" :)
  • Thankyou ladies will check those sites out :D
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Good morning!!!! I just discovered this great site called Gina's Skinny Recipes. She has beautiful pictures, lists the nutritional information and says what the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points would be if you follow that program. :)

The website is www.skinnytaste.com

If you check it out, tell me what you think! :)
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    I would try and experiment with things that you know you like, for example make chilli with extra beans and veggies, or make lasagne using butternut squash or aubergine for the layers instead of pasta, you can also use low fat creme fraiche instead of making a bechamel sauce. You can also have stirfrry with beansprouts instead of noodles if you are watching calories, it's still really tasty! I'm a massive fan of spicy food and peppers, so I kind of run out of examples there!

For snacks the best thing would be nuts (not salted or roasted), fruit and veggies - if you try and keep things natural it's much better than going for sugar-laden cereal bars etc.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    everyday health web site may help i have their snack app on my iphone can type in how many calories and sweet or salty
    good luck
  • Thankyou ladies :D

Im making meatloaf for tea tonight (biggest loser recipe!) served with swede,carrot and potato mash and broccoli and greenbeans!! Looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.