50lb lost in 22 weeks :)

Options
I hit the 50lb mark today! I'm really pleased to hit that milestone as I've been hovering around the 47-48lb mark for a few weeks now.

It has really helped me today as I needed an extra bit of motivation... it's my manager's birthday so the team have gone out and bought items for a buffet lunch. Unfortunately the only healthy option is some grapes! I have chicken samosas, sausage rolls, crisps, tortillas and sandwiches all about 6 feet away from my desk :/ I can smell it all, but I'm relying on my will power to stay away from it :)

I'm about to tuck into a tin of broccoli and stilton soup instead - there's no way I'm going to let myself dip under the 50lb mark again :)

Replies

• Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What amazing progress and willpower!
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Brilliant!! Well done keep up the good work
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's an amazing loss, you should be so proud!

Enjoy your broccoli soup, but give into ONE sausage roll should you choose. It's all about moderation. It's a special occasion. I know in my office, they find any excuse to feed us (I think we're getting lunch today because it snowed....yea) So it can be hard to fight that temptation over and over again.

So one small thing here and there won't kill you.

Or, eat your soup and grapes :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    broccoli and stilton soup??? Oh man I miss England!!!! Know that across the pond there is someone who is VERY jealous of your lunch!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    50lb in 22 weeks is damn impressive, Well Done !
  • mjd1980
    Options
    Well done that truly is amazing - my get up ang go has , left me at the min - realy need to kick myself into action - you are an inspiration :D xx
  • mandalina23
    Options
    Amazing Job!!! Keep up the good work! So happy for you! Enjoy your soup!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Great job! 50lbs is a great loss! Keep up the hard work
  • danmullen
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    That's fantastic! Well done and keep at it :wink: I've only lost less than half of that over a longer period of time... of course I am jealous :laugh:... but a big CONGRATS, your efforts have paid off!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Ahhh England! That explains why you were working and eating lunch at 5am (my time lol)
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. I'm looking to hit 50 lbs lost in about that same amount of time, I've only just started week 5. Keep up the awesome work!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow! 50 pounds! Great job, I can't wait until my ticker says that! If that isn't enough motivation I don't know what is. Let all the people around you eat all that stuff, stay strong!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    broccoli and stilton soup??? Oh man I miss England!!!! Know that across the pond there is someone who is VERY jealous of your lunch!

haha yeah me! I love Broc & stilton soup yummy.

Well done on such a great loss and on your NOT "will power" but "I wont give in power"
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    omg that is a fantastic result x well done.

Keep strong xxx
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Well done!

I'd rather have the broccoli and Stilton soup btw, aside from sounding way yummier than some of the crap you listed, you know no one touched it & changed there mind or sneezed on it :laugh:
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! Congrats :drinker:
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What a great day this is for you!!!! Hang in there and when you think you're at the end of your rope, tight a knot in it and keep holding on!!!! CONGRATULATIONS:drinker:
  • sassygirl49b
    Options
    AWESOME job, stay strong.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow. I just GOOGLED broccoli and stilton soup
    SOUNDS WONDERFUL! Enjoy and congrats on your wonderful success. Stay stong to live long! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!