Please be careful.......

Options
Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
For those of you that are in the snowy areas please be careful while driving wherever. Yesterday I went into the ditch with barely any snow on the ground. Luckily I work with some great guys that were able to come pull me out. Now please be careful. The more snow on the roads the more careful you need to drive. I bet anyone will understand a reason for lateness.

This is my P.S.A. for the morning of February 1st 2011.

Over and Out.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    STL - Blizzard warning (Ice, 13 to 18 inches (predicted)) and possible Thunder Snow (:laugh: )
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    White out conditions in Tulsa. Had thunder snow last night. Foot of snow already. I'm not going anywhere! Thanks!
  • HuffHesitation
    Options
    I'm from Oswego NY...... the weather channel says we have the worst winter weather in the whole country. It has been non stop snow here for weeks and the banks are now over 6' high.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I haven't even looked outside yet this morning, but the wind rattled my house all night long. I'll be staying in today, thankyouverymuch. Brr.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Green Bay, Wis (GO PACK GO!!) Blowing and drifting. Already reports of several accidents and cars in ditches. Schools still open though, except by the lake.

Yes, SLOOOOOW down!!! We want you back here commiserating with us over our weight issues!!! LOL!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Expecting 18-24 inches of heavy snow in upstate NY by the time it all winds down on Thursday. :grumble:
  • bellanic
    Options
    I have never heard of "thunder snow". Is that a snow storm that caused thunder?
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Oh, thanks! I'm from West Chester PA and it has been VERY SNOWY WINTER for us!
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm in the suburbs of Philly and today it was just a thin layer of ice. Supposed to get worse as the day progresses and throughout the night.

Stay safe MFP!
  • pennsealus
    Options
    i hope everyone is safe. I must admit.....being in ohio i've never heard of thundersnow.
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Icy in spots on the way to work from Lancaster, PA to Reading, PA.
    Schools started with 2-hour delay and now decided to close (our school district is very large and spreads to some pretty rural areas on the southern part of Lancaster county).

Stay safe walking too! We don't want to slip or fall and pull something and end up not being able to exercise :-)
  • pennsealus
    Options
    for those of us who had no clue. lol......

Thundersnow, also known as a winter thunderstorm or a thunder snowstorm, is a rare kind of thunderstorm with snow falling as the primary precipitation instead of rain. It typically falls in regions of strong upward motion within the cold sector of an extratropical cyclone, where the precipitation consists of ice pellets rather than snow.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    So far so good yeah the roads are a bit slow going but manageable for our area. Yeah we were told to expect up to 30 inches of snow around lake michigan and chicagoland, so I'll be out having fun because I have no choice but to be in it. April can't get here soon enough \m/
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Southern Indiana...we had rain last night. It didn't freeze over but it is "supposed" to snow a lot tonight.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely stay safe and warm. I was born and raised in Missouri and lived most of my adult life in the midwest. I moved to Washington State around 13 or 14 years ago and I had never heard of thunder snow either. I miss the midwest but I don't miss that kind of weather. Well I do kinda miss shoveling snow. :bigsmile: