biggest loser or wii active

Options
i am going to get a wii for these days when i cant make it to the gym. so i was wondering is the biggest loser challenge better then the wii active thing? just looking for opinions. thanks

Replies

• xerinx2011
    Options
    Biggest loser was really good but i prefer the xbox kinect your move! I feel the effects more and i think it helps to see yourself!!
  • moriah5
    Options
    I have both games and use the EA acitve WAY more than the Biggest Loser. But they are both good.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I prefer the Biggest Loser though because you just need the Fit Board and the remote. I don't like wearing the Active strap on my leg during workouts, it always falls down my leg. And if I tighten it, it becomes too tight. Both have great workouts though!
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i use the biggest loser =)
  • frakyeah
    Options
    I find that the Biggest Loser Challenge is rather helpful. :)
  • AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For the biggest loser do you mean for wii or for xbox? I have it for both, and the one for the xbox kinect is much better. I find that with the one for the wii, have the time it doesn't realize I'm moving, which is a serious piss off. I have wii active too, and I did enjoy that. So I'd say if it's for the wii, then go for wii active.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone i guess i might need to get an kinect instead of a wii huh?
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    We have the Wii and I am doing the Wii active. I just finished the 3 week beginners and on to the next. Its a great workout. I found if i wear longer shorts and put the leg strap on top of the shorts it seems to stay in place better. There is some exercises I can't do since I have a bad back but its still good.
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey! I guess it depends on how active you want to be. We bought our kids a Wii for Christmas (and Santa very kindly bought the fit board and a couple of games to go with it for me!) To be honest, I don't really find the Wii gives much of a workout - it's much more "child" or "family entertainment" based. I've heard fantastic things about the Kinect though (shame Father Christmas didn't do his research!) Whatever you decide, if you're up and moving you're burning calories!
  • clarkmcharry
    Options
    In agreeance with slummymummy, if you haven't already decided on wii vs kinect, i's suggest the kinect if you are mainly to be using it for fitness reasons,.. i have the biggest loser for the kinect (but only got it the other day so just used it once - seems pretty good though!!) and the zumba, which is hard work!! I think the kinect generally picks up movement better than the wii, and so the wii can be pretty frustrating - still really good though. i had the ea active for the wii and certainly knew about it when i did a workout!!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love (Did I say love?!) my Wii EA Active 2. I do not like to work out... and I can hardly wait to "work out" everyday!!! I am in the middle of the Nine week challenge. I am sweating and enjoying myself. I also have the biggest loser, which I enjoy too, but haven't used it since I started the challenge.
    I took my measurements yesterday and since I started the challenge I have lost 2" from my waist, 1" from my hips and 3" from my pouchy tummy. So I am sticking with it.
    I also like that every work out is different, it's not just the same old thing everytime.
    Hope you find one that you enjoy.