C25K - worried about W5D2

Options
I'm suppose to do W5D2 tomorrow morning. I'm worried about jogging for 8 min straight. When I started this on Jan 3rd, I could barely make it through the 1 min jog. So, I know I've come a long way, but this is the first time I've been worried about the next level. I don't even want to think about W5D3.

I'd love to hear some success stories or words of encouragement.

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I was worried about that point, too - so it really surprised me when I sailed right through those eight minutes. My advice to you is to find your rhythm and set your mind to doing it. Praise yourself for milestones, but don't bargain with yourself to stop early. You HAVE come a long way. You have proven you are capable. This jump isn't arbitrary, it's a leap of faith, and when you make it to the other side you will have proven to YOURSELF that you are capable. It's an amazing feeling. :bigsmile:
  • calypott
    Options
    You'll be able to do it. And W5D3.. (20 minutes straight) will come easily as well. I actually think that the two 8 minute runs were more difficult than the 20 minute.

You've made it this far through the program && its designed to get you from literally no where to 5K. They wouldn't have you do anything that you couldn't handle.

You're gonna do great :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same run tomorrow!!!

You can definitely do it! Just like now if you went back to week one, you could probably do it 3 times over!!

on the weekend i decided to do a non c25k run and see how far i could get without hurting or pushing myself or thinking...i got past 8 minutes!!

Don't psyche yourself out, you can definitely do it! Even if half way through you need to stop for 10 seconds and have a quick drink of water =)
  • pehkvl
    pehkvl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I did the program I worried about making it through the longer runs that would come as each week went by. Somehow I always managed to get through whatever time I was up to. I think you just have to decide in your head that you are going to make it and keep going until you do. Pace yourself through the run and just keep going until you hit that 8 minute mark. You can do it... you have come a long way since starting the program. Good Luck... you are going to feel so good when you complete the program... so strong and proud of how far you came :happy:
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    I have to do W5 D2 on Wednesday! I hope it goes well for everyone, myself included. I made it through D1 easily so hopefully D2 and D3 won't be bad at all!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, I start week 5 on Wednesday and I am so scared I'm not gonna be able to do it. In week 4, I was DYING by the end of the 2nd 5 minutes but I pushed myself through it barely. Yeah, this week should be interesting. Good luck to you and please let us know how it goes....you can do it!!!!!!:smile:
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as Jenn3878! I start week 5 on wednesday as well, and I am super SCARED! That second five minutes from week 4 was hell!

Good luck to everyone!

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I got up this morning and did it. The 2nd 8 min wasn't easy. My husband came downstairs during my cooldown and asked how it was. I told him it's a good thing I'm stubborn because that is what got me through it.

Good luck everyone! If I can do it, anyone can.
  • aalexander0607
    Options
    WAY TO GO!

You will be my motivation for week 5!!!
  • kalajean
    kalajean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ah...week 5 scared me to, but this week I'm on to week 6. I did slow the pace down just a little bit in week 5 and that seemed to help me a lot :) You can do it!!!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing day 1!!! THat is GREAT!
  • aalexander0607
    Options
    Just thought I would ask everyone out there: How do you keep your mind off of the running? I find that if I stare at something or someone while I'm running for too long, it really makes me want to stop running for some reason. I run in a gym on a track, so aside from watching people play basketball below, it gets a little monotonous. I also look at that stinkin' stop watch to see how much longer I have until I can walk again!!

So...aside from music (which I do use- via Pandora) what keeps you guys focused during a run? Or keeps your mind off of the actual running?

Thanks!