Workout plans today?

Options
I'm stuck in crazy weather in PA. For those of you stuck inside from this crazy snow and ice storm...how are you going to workout today? Just curious.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I work out at home every day because our gym doesn't have daycare. Today I'm doing some Wii Fit Plus, since it's a "rest day" from my EA Sports Active 2 workout. Nothing too intense, just a little light cardio.

Stay warm! We didn't get much of the snow here, but the wind is blowing through our house like crazy. I can feel it creeping across the floor. And this house isn't even that drafty in comparison to some, it's just really blowing out there.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use workout DVDs so I never have an excuse with the weather. I'm trying a new Taebo workout today and I can't wait. I know it will kick my butt.

It's really nasty out today in TN. I still have to go out in it later and feed horses.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I work out at home every day because our gym doesn't have daycare. Today I'm doing some Wii Fit Plus, since it's a "rest day" from my EA Sports Active 2 workout. Nothing too intense, just a little light cardio.

Stay warm! We didn't get much of the snow here, but the wind is blowing through our house like crazy. I can feel it creeping across the floor. And this house isn't even that drafty in comparison to some, it's just really blowing out there.

What do you think of Wii Fit Plus? Is it worth it to buy?
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Home Zumba and elliptical. I also use dvd's or if you have on demand they have quite a selection of exercise videos including Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also, don't like weather and life to stop me from working out at gym so I pretty much stick to working out at home.
  • rache12581
    Options
    Detroit is getting a bad snow storm tomorrow. I will have the day off but be spending it w/my 5 month old son. I plan to do Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd while my baby takes a nap
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    None for Tuesdays. It's a 6:00 am to 10:30 pm day for me - grad class after work and this teacher goes to the very end of class unlike others who would let us go after 2 hours.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well we are getting blizzard conditions here in Kansas. The kids are home with me today. I am getting ready to do my usual 45 minutes on the elliptical and then nap time for the 2 year old is my Kettle Bell time. Usually a 30 to 40 minute Kettle Bell session. Looking at a great workout today. I took yesterday off, so today is double!
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I am from Metro Detroit also. Snow days are the best, not to mention shoveling burns more calories than most of my workouts. So shoveling our 8-18 inches tomorrow will be a great workout (if I can beat my husband).
  • ajbeans
    Options

I love it. It's fun, and I like that you can make up your own routine or follow pre-made routines to target different goals. Or you can just mess around and choose one activity at a time if you want. It has fun activities that just happen to be good workouts (rhythm boxing and rhythm kung fu are my faves), as well as more serious exercises like yoga poses and strength exercises. I also like the progress tracker -- it gives you a chart of your weight and BMI over the course of the last few days/weeks/months. And it has a cool calorie comparison thing where it tells you how many calories you burned and equates that with a food (so like if you burned 80 calories, you burned off an apple).

I will say that if you're already in pretty good shape, you might want to skip Fit Plus and go for the EA Sports Active 2. Fit Plus is great for a light workout, so it's perfect for me because I'm SO out of shape. But if you're used to exercising, you might not get as good of a workout with it as you're looking for.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    3 degress in Denver right now! Today will be my first day of Insanity!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    apparently ill be shoveling because i can't get motivated to put on the Wii....maybe in a litlte bit :)
  • okcowgirl
    Options
    apparently ill be shoveling because i can't get motivated to put on the Wii....maybe in a litlte bit :)

Well .. shoveling snow ... will be a work out. Make sure you list it. LOL
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing my Zumba DVD's, but if you don't have workout DVD's at home, there are a TON of fitness videos on Netflix Instant and YouTube.
  • bsjohnson
    bsjohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    do you know how many calories you burn doing Zumba? I couldn't find it
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was PLANNING on shoveling snow being my exercise today....however my lovely neighbor used his snow blower and cleared all the sidewalks and my back walkway! lol
    So I'll be doing EA Sports Active 2 on the kinect instead since I missed my workout last night! I called in to work for today and tomorrow since we're supposed to get a crap load of ice/snow and i don't want to drive in it!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options

I love it. It's fun, and I like that you can make up your own routine or follow pre-made routines to target different goals. Or you can just mess around and choose one activity at a time if you want. It has fun activities that just happen to be good workouts (rhythm boxing and rhythm kung fu are my faves), as well as more serious exercises like yoga poses and strength exercises. I also like the progress tracker -- it gives you a chart of your weight and BMI over the course of the last few days/weeks/months. And it has a cool calorie comparison thing where it tells you how many calories you burned and equates that with a food (so like if you burned 80 calories, you burned off an apple).

I will say that if you're already in pretty good shape, you might want to skip Fit Plus and go for the EA Sports Active 2. Fit Plus is great for a light workout, so it's perfect for me because I'm SO out of shape. But if you're used to exercising, you might not get as good of a workout with it as you're looking for.

Thanks. I have regular Wii Fit and EA Active, but I'm kind of bored with both. I was thinking of getting EA Active 2 or Wii Fit Plus. I really want to get Wii Zumba, but can't find it in stores (they're always out!).

I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to exercise - I do some great cardio walking (up and down hills), but need to get moving a little bit more. My husband and I are supposed to start training with a boxing trainer, actually. I'm a little nervous...I know there's a lot of running involved. But I get to punch stuff, so that's a plus!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Thanks. I have regular Wii Fit and EA Active, but I'm kind of bored with both. I was thinking of getting EA Active 2 or Wii Fit Plus. I really want to get Wii Zumba, but can't find it in stores (they're always out!).

I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to exercise - I do some great cardio walking (up and down hills), but need to get moving a little bit more. My husband and I are supposed to start training with a boxing trainer, actually. I'm a little nervous...I know there's a lot of running involved. But I get to punch stuff, so that's a plus!

Plus is way better than the original, IMO. I had both, and now that I have Plus I haven't gone back to the first at all. Plus has all the activities in Fit plus some more, and then there's the routines feature that makes it so nice.

Have you tried the "More Workouts" for your EA Active? I've heard good things about that too. As far as Zumba, you can probably find it on Amazon. I know this week Amazon has Active 2 on sale for $40ish, and I'm pretty sure Zumba is on sale there too.
  • SharronF
    Options
    For all the UK memebers with Sky Telly the fitness channel is on channel 282 if the weather is rubbish. I love my dance games on wii and also mimic my Zumba while doing housework :)
  • SharronF
    Options
    I would post it under intense dance :)
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I use hrm and I burn about 415 doing the cardiovascular party-44 minutes; 515 calories doing cardiovascular sculpt-45 minutes and 220 doing the 20 minutes express. So on average 200 calories per 20 minutes for me.