Girls and that time of the month

Options
How does it effect the numbers on you scale??? Does it?

Replies

• 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It did this week. I was sure I had lost weight, but the scale said I had gained half a pound. :ohwell:
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lol just from retaining water or what??? I haven't had a period in like 16 months because of being pregnant and breastfeeding or my birth control... well I have been cramping the past few days, and today I finally saw the proof of why I was crampy... so I am wondering if that is why all my calorie counting and exercising has not made a dent... I went up a few ounces blah.
    It did this week. I was sure I had lost weight, but the scale said I had gained half a pound. :ohwell:
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain during my TOM, but I gained two pounds right after....
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I gain 1-3 pounds of water weight most months. Very common and nothing to worry about. Usually it goes away (and then some) once my period is over.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I gain quite a bit during TOM. I suppose it's water retention 'cause it goes away in a few days.
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am sooo hoping this is what my issue is because I was really aggravated to see I had been to the gym every day this week just to go up a little in weight :( but I haven't dealt with TOM in for so long that I was pretty shocked to see it again.
    I gain 1-3 pounds of water weight most months. Very common and nothing to worry about. Usually it goes away (and then some) once my period is over.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am always up a couple of pounds during TOM but it comes off after
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Water weight and bloating. :(
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I can retain up to 5 or 6 pounds! Then after my period is gone, so is the weight. I hate it!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Water retention always gets me! Hang in there....hopefully you'll see a loss in a day or two.
  • crazeness
    Options
    Last week I weighed in and I was exactly the same then AF came 2 days later. The following week I weighed in again and AF was gone and I had a great loss.

That time of the month certainly does affect the numbers on the scales.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I put on weight with it this month. Not fair, but you know, you loose it again the following week.
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get TERRIBLE water retention and bloating. One time I went up 8 pounds if I recall correctly! But after it starts, miraculously all the weight is gone. It's freaking NUTS!
  • mamawitch
    mamawitch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that by going to the gym you are building muscle which weighs more than fat :o)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I refuse to even step on the scale until next week! I'm on bc pills (hate them!!!) and started the white ones yesterday which means that I'm already bloated, feeling moody, and will go up at least 1/2 pants size by the end of the week.

I'll weigh next monday or tuesday. Maybe.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i gain 2-3lbs so i don't weigh myself during that time. also, i try to drink lots of water and exercise and usually afterwards the numbers will be down, so its all good!
  • Myantek
    Options
    I stay the same the week of, but I've been gaining the week after. I don't know why but it's turning into a pattern I'd like to stop.
  • appleshells
    Options
    I can gain 2-5 pounds, (which immediately comes off the next week) but mostly I see that I am starving right before I start! It's those days that I have to force myself to do extra workouts because I eat all of my calories and then some!