Favorite exercise videos?

Options
I have been checking out a lot of different workout vids, from "sweatin to the oldies" (yea, no kidding) to p90x and insanity. just wondering what everyone's favorites are... which are the most fun? easiest? hardest? best results? worst results? etc. just need some ideas, I have been terrible and haven't dieted or exercised for about 2 months now!

Replies

• lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day Shredd and Biggest loser Power walk. I'm still enjoying them both and havent even gotten thru all the workouts yet!!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Yep i love my out dated VHS tapes of Tae Bo
    You get one hell of a workout....without the leg warmers :smile:
  • vkirley
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Davina McCall DVDs from the UK. Excellent, entertaining, 30 min workouts! Easy to fit into a busy day. Good luck!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    love the 30 day shred because it's quick and thorough! i've lost 9 pounds since jan 10 with watching what i eat and doing the jillian michaels video in the morning.
  • mommacarrie423
    Options
    I'm checking out the 30 day shred now!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam and even more Turbo Fire, I'm addicted to it!!! =) Amazing results!
  • Rosenberger4
    Options
    I really enjoy Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home Videos. She has many DVD. They all consist of four main types of moves walking, kicks, knee lifts and side steps. You would think you can't get any results from that but I lost 30lbs last year with her. In one hour workout you will walked 4-5 miles and use every muscle. If you want a extra push I also like Chris Fretag's workout she does a couple great work outs that really work your muscle group.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Right now the two I'm doing are Billy Blanks This is Tae Bo and Jillilan Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, they both kick my a**. I went to the Library and checked out a bunch of DVDs to try before I picked the ones I liked to buy.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme! by beachbody!!!!

Lost 10-3/4 inches in 3 weeks. She is the best.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think that the exercise videos you like will vary significantly by the goals you have, as well as your general level of fitness. Are your goals primarily weight loss, toning, flexibility or all three? Here are my picks for my favorites:

Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (great for toning, as I have gotten stronger, I have increased the amount of weight I use during each exercise, so it's not such a "low weight/high repetition" workout); Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism (great cardio and abs).

P90X: Currently I do the AbRipper X three times a week; Kenpo X when I want a different cardio; Pylometrics, and the X Stretch. My husband is recovering from pneumonia and building his strength back up, so we are going to start the whole P90X program on March 1.

Yoga: I like Eleana Brower's Body Elements Yoga for Beginners, Barbara Brenaugh's AM/PM Yoga and Yoga for Beginners, and I can't remember her name, but it's Flow Yoga (this one is tough for me, though). I try and do yoga every night because I find it so relaxing and since I've been stretching I have little muscle soreness

Misc: Body Strikes (a great 45 minute lower body workout); Biggest Loser Cardio Max; and I have a spin DVD I like, but can't recall the name of it.

I like to mix it up a lot. I listen to how my body is feeling on a particular day and decide what exercise I will do. Most of the time it is one of these DVDs, but I also spin and use our elliptical.

To be utterly honest, I have seen much greater results by mixing it up then when I did cardio and weights at the gym. Hope that helps.
  • kaydub1976
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels videos (30 day Shred, Biggest Losser, Fat Banish,). I watch them all on Comcast On-Demand, so I can switch up. However my favorite is 30 Day Shred. The best part is that she always show you the exercise for beginners and then to the max.

She is really thorough and after you do the exercises...you will really feel like you lost pounds.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    some of my favorites--

~aerobic~
    difficult and effective: 30 day shred, p90x
    fun: turbo jam cardio party, dance off the inches- hip hop party, cardio striptease with carmen electra

~yoga/other~
    kundalini yoga series by ravi and ana
    yoga shakti by shiva rea
    10 minutes solution: rapid results pilates
    callanetics by callan pickney (produced decades ago but super good at toning and you'll be sore!)
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Party... because it's fun and has better music than most of the video's I've seen.