Hi, I'm new. My name is Jackie.

Options
I just found this site yesterday and I'm hoping it helps me to stick with it. I'm 58 and just need to lose about 25 pounds to get my blood pressure under control. I think I'd feel better and have more energy for my 9 year old. Good luck to all.

Replies

• lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just found this site yesterday and I'm hoping it helps me to stick with it. I'm 58 and just need to lose about 25 pounds to get my blood pressure under control. I think I'd feel better and have more energy for my 9 year old. Good luck to all.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome, Jackie! You've come to the right place! This site is awesome! So many good ideas and good support. I joined July 1 and have lost 15 pounds with 20 to go. Our MFP family members are so supportive and have so much information to share. You'll do great, I'm sure.
    :flowerforyou:
    BEST OF SUCCESS!

BTW, I'm 63 and a grandma to two little dollbabies. :love: :love: If I can do it, you surely can, too. Just ask if you have any questions, and feel free to share experiences with us.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie and welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've always had a laid back lifestyle. My idea of exercise is leisurely walking in the park or around the neighborhood. I do not like to sweat! I am a child care provider with five little ones so I am busy and tired by the end of the day. I'll start bowling Fri. night so hoping to burn some caleries there.
    Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement.
  • drgall
    Options
    Welcome Jackie! I'm 58 too and know it's harder to lose weight as we get older :grumble: It's easier to make excuses than to make time. So take our hand and welcome aboard!

Denise
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgEfN3f/]
    weight.png