New to My Fitness Pal....

Options
Was just looking up some calories in my favourite muffin..And this website happen to have it listed..
So i decided to join.. After all what do i have to lose? Oh I can answer that 64lbs..
So here I am.
My name is Angie and I am 35 years old, wife and a mother of 5 kids..
And I would like to lose the weight I gained after I had my 5 kids :)

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    hi and goodluck.. im a newbie to xxx
  • nilyam75
    Options
    Welcome Angela:) This is really a GREAT site! The people on here are Awsome and really modivating! :flowerforyou:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A big welcome and good luck. You will like it here!
  • tamaranjohn
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Tamara and I am also new to the site. Good luck in your weight loss program.:wink:
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie. Welcome to MFP! Good luck with your goals. It can be done!!!
  • NellyDH
    Options
    Hello everyone and congratulations on choosing to be healthy for 2011. I'm so excited about getting back into shape. I started a new job in October of 2009 and I have gained 20 punds since then. The company provides lunch for the employees everyday, along with a breakroom full of snacks. I didn't think my metabolism slowed down that much but I've become quite the piggy, lol.

Well I hope to hear form some fellow dedicated members that way we can support each other through our journey.
    Good luck and stick to it!!!!

Chanel-
  • NellyDH
    Options
    Good luck with your goals. And if you need any support you can lean on me. :happy:
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome! This site is incredible! If you have a core of friends that use this site, you will me motivated, encouraged and challenged. Heres to a healthier you!!! (Feel free to add me - my food & diary exercise are open for viewing).

I've been on here for a year, preMFP I weighed 212 and was told my by PCP that I was obese. MFP weight I was at 197. I am now sitting at 188 with at least 28 lbs to go. I like to keep up with what I eat to keep me in check. You will be able to see if I cut out all the junk food, I may be able to lose some weight. But I look at this as a learning curve and should be able to eat what I like, exercise and lose some weight. In the beginning of Jan. I started up on MFP again and I have lost 4lbs of the weight I gained back from being gone. If you stick with it, it will work.

GOOD LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI, I AM NEW TOO, JUST JOINED LAST WEEK. I AM EXCITED ABOUT BECOMING A NEW OLD ME. I HAVE 2 KIDS AND NOW I STAY AT HOME. WITH A FEW HEALTH ISSUES IN THE PAST AND STILL NOW, I HAVE PUT ON A LOT OF WEIGHT. MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS 71LBS. I STARTED BACK IN DEC. BUT JUST RECENLTY JOINED A WEIGHT LOSS POOL. I VOWED TO LOSE 25 LBS BY THE MIDDLE OF APRIL. WE WEIGH IN TOMORROW TO SEE HOW I HAVE PROGRESSED. I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I HAVE MADE A GOOD START TO MY JOURNEY. I JUST HOPE I CAN KEEP IT UP. I KNOW THAT USUALLY THE BEGINNING YOU LOSE MORE AND AS TIME GOES ON IT SOMETIMES GETS LESS. YOU LOSE THE WATER WEIGHT AND NOT QUITE AS MUCH OF EXCITEMENT TO LOSE AS WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED.
    WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I AM HAVING A HARD TIME DOING WHAT I NEED TO DO AND STILL DO THINGS LIKE MY FAMILY LIKES. BUT I AM TRYING TO INCORPORATE HOW I AM EATING WITH WHAT THEY ARE EATING. SO WE ALL BENEFIT, NOT JUST ME.
    WE CAN DO IT!