Suggestions for a "Rewards System" Needed!

Renaissant23
Renaissant23 Posts: 9
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hi All - I am really motivated by positive reinforcement / rewards. Even having little things to look forward to helps! And if I can make my rewards "healthy" - all the better as it helps me stay on track long-term. Right now I have 2 "treats" to look forward to each week....

Friday is pizza night - my husband always cooks a different kind of "healthy" pizza, with whole wheat crust and lots of veggies. Pizza is my favorite and it is nice not to have to cook at the end of the long work week :)

Tuesdays I get my weekly organic produce delivery - it is so fun to go thru that and plan what I'll do with the fresh fruits and veggies for meals over the next few days.

I would love some new ideas! I need something to look forward to on Mondays specifically; I'm not too happy with work right now, so it is always hard to start of the week. I'd also love some ideas for longer term rewards - ie. treats after a month (or longer) of working out successfully, etc.

Replies

• SweetPea120
    SweetPea120 Posts: 16 Member
    Do you have an accountability buddy that's losing with you or working out also? My friend and I kept each other accountable, and rewarded ourselves, by have a financial system. We would set a goal...like a month...and weigh in weekly. We started with each putting $5 into a pot. If we gained or stayed the same after each week, we'd put another $5 in the pot. If we lost, we didn't owe. At the end of the goal time, whoever lost most would get the pot. This could easily be adapted to fit exercise goals as well. The money could be used for special treats, or to buy a new item of clothing. :o)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Hi All - I am really motivated by positive reinforcement / rewards. Even having little things to look forward to helps! And if I can make my rewards "healthy" - all the better as it helps me stay on track long-term. Right now I have 2 "treats" to look forward to each week....

Friday is pizza night - my husband always cooks a different kind of "healthy" pizza, with whole wheat crust and lots of veggies. Pizza is my favorite and it is nice not to have to cook at the end of the long work week :)

Tuesdays I get my weekly organic produce delivery - it is so fun to go thru that and plan what I'll do with the fresh fruits and veggies for meals over the next few days.

I would love some new ideas! I need something to look forward to on Mondays specifically; I'm not too happy with work right now, so it is always hard to start of the week. I'd also love some ideas for longer term rewards - ie. treats after a month (or longer) of working out successfully, etc.

All of my rewards are goal-based. Most of them are things like getting a manicure/pedicure (which I actually swapped for some awesome bubble bath and stuff from LUSH), going on a road trip, buying new clothes, and getting a new tattoo. I have a reward of buying new clothes every 10 pounds. It's a great reward because I really see how far I've come.

I don't go out and drop a bunch of cash on a new wardrobe, but I do get a couple of new things. I am cheap and on a budget, so I stick to second hand or Ross and Marshall's type places.

When I need a little treat, I love to take a bubble bath.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    For long term rewards, try coming up with some non-food rewards. Those seem to be more helpful for a lot of people. New clothes, a manicure or massage, new hair cut, etc.

As for weekly rewards, just make sure they're healthy. Maybe a nice smoothie on a Monday morning? I make mine with 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup organic Greek yogurt, half a banana, and two types of frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, etc.). They come out being about 250 calories, are very filling and have some protein (from the yogurt) to keep me full for a while. And they're really yummy!
  • Just to give you an idea, I have non-food rewards listed in my signature for my short/long term goals.
  • I just got a gift certificate to Lush, but I'm not familiar with their products at all - can you reccommend any? Treating myself to a bubble bath or facial at home after a long run might be a fantastic reward :)

thanks!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    I just got a gift certificate to Lush, but I'm not familiar with their products at all - can you reccommend any? Treating myself to a bubble bath or facial at home after a long run might be a fantastic reward :)

thanks!

Why, yes I can! I love their products! I am a fan of their bath bombs, my favorite one is Sex Bomb, and solid bubble bath bars (you crumble them up under the water - it doesn't seem like it would work but it does). My favorite bubble bars are Karma and the Comforter. I also love the Cynthia Silvia Stout shampoo for dry, frizzy hair. I like their Angels on Bare Skin and Fresh Farmacy face cleansers. Since their stuff is pricy, I don't get it very often. But I always, always have a tub of Dream Cream body moisturizer on hand.
This discussion has been closed.