Gained last week...UGH!!!

Options
Hi!
I'm struggling right now. I gained 3lbs last week and I'm so upset over it. I don't want to lose this battle, I want to keep pushing but I'm finding it hard not to be in a funk over it. So much to lose and I wanted to end January with 10lbs down. I know I can do this, but I feel this set back is like all the rest. Everytime I dive into something I go full force the first week then I'm not as excited and end up losing slowly the rest of the time then gain. Back to square one again. I'm still at a loss for the month of 7lbs which is better than nothing, but when I got on the scale again this morning I gained another pound. I have to admit since Saturday I've been jumping on the scale like crazy and it's making me crazy and I know better but I'm scared to see it jump up again. I don't feel good at this weight and it's hard for me to even want to eat at this point for fear of gaining again. Which is totally not okay. I know that the only way to lose weight is to eat healthy, eat often and exercise. UGH!!

Help me get out of this funk, PLEASE!!! ~ Thank you Nikki

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    It's hard to offer advice on your diet without being able to see your diary. But, key is to make sure you drink LOTS of water and watch your sodium intake. These fluctuations can likely be water weight due to high sodium.
  • trish2011
    trish2011 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your time of the month can make a big impact on the scale... a couple days before and/or during that week. Additionally, salt intake, and muscle gain can make the scale look high. Measuring tape and jeans... they will help you get through the days where the scale lets you down.

Don't give up!!!
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    I know how you feel. There have been times the scale didn't budge for me at all and I was working my butt off! It is nice to see the scale move down but you shouldn't let that be your only measure of success. It is hard to stay off the scale but you shouldn't weigh yourself so much. Everyone's weight fluctuates. Do you do measurements?? That might be something to try....Don't give up on a healthier lifestyle you can do it and eventually you will get where you want to be! You won't get there if you stop :) Good luck!!
  • njbranham
    Options
    Thank you! I will start looking at my sodium and I think I should start doing my measurements, that would be helpful (as long as there's a loss, ha ha).

Thank you!!