Is it hard for any of you to eat the recommended calories in

Options
I find it hard to eat the amount of calories suggested for my size. I am usually under by 500 calories or so.

Replies

• pros696
    Options
    I find it hard to eat the amount of calories suggested for my size. I am usually under by 500 calories or so.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it hard to fulfill my calories. I sometimes use *sweet* stuff as fillers :bigsmile:

Maybe you should try eating snacks with higher calories than what you are eating?

:smile:
  • pros696
    Options
    I really don't want to eat sweets....they just don't appeal anymore lol
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Not me bro, I don't usually have a proble reaching my target....nope not me on that one :laugh:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i have to exercise each day so that i'm not going over on my calories:laugh: , i wish i had that problem, how many calories are you supposed to eat each day?
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Phew, I am envious. I could eat double :laugh: . How on earth do you people do it? Fill your stomachs with watter? :drinker: Now I am really envious..
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to eat sweets....they just don't appeal anymore lol

haha that happens when you are a girl! :grumble:
    I love my sweets:happy:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If I find myself under at the end of the day (usually never happens lol) I grab a glass of milk and a couple spoons of PB :)
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    :happy:
    i have to exercise each day so that i'm not going over on my calories:laugh: , i wish i had that problem, how many calories are you supposed to eat each day?

Tell me about it, if it weren't for the workout I'd be over every day
  • clairegl
    Options

Yes, um, I have to put in hard time on the eliptical in order to relax and eat like what I feel is a normal amount of calories. But I'm trying to lose 2 pounds per week right now so I only have 1200 before my workouts!

Eat more nuts- they're healthy and loaded with calories!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I wish that were my problem I can always find something with calories :laugh: My problem is keeping it under. I usually go over and then have to do an extra workout to cover it...:laugh: :blushing: :embarassed: :laugh:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    If I have a good workout day and do cardio and circuit training then it's hard to eat all my calories. But usually, I don't have a problem.

How much weight are you trying to lose per week? Or are you just trying to maintain your current weight and build muscle? How often/hard do you work out? There are a lot of factors in play with that.

Whatever you do, try not to fill those calories with junk food! As previously suggested, nuts are a good way to fill the calories. Also, a big glass of low-fat milk would be a good way to do it! Lots of protein for rebuilding muscle and quite a few calories to recharge your body.

Hope this helps.
  • pros696
    Options
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,810 calories/day is what the site has me at for calories every day and it seems kinda low but I still don't come very close to it. 1. I am not hungry that often 2. it doesn't take much to feel full 3. I burn about 4000 calories a day from exercise and normal activity (work).
    Any suggestions?
  • dmd196
    Options
    I agree, some days are harder than others to eat enough.

Try more grains (bread/pasta) to boost your numbers. That will also help sustain energy for long workdays.
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    I've had the problem too because I have cut WAY back on eating out and I don't feel like making an elaborate meal so I eat a salad or something simple. I also struggle with eating breakfast. Are you eating breakfast? I find when I eat breakfast I am usually pretty close but still off a few hundred. I don't know what to do either because I am just not hungry and like you said I don't really like the sweet stuff UNLESS it is a COKE!! Which I have totally cut out...*I miss you coca cola*.

I am a eater outer. I like to social eat, once I stopped doing that I just find myself not that hungry. However I chowed down on some ribs yesterday!! Yummy!!! They were like 900 calories..yikes! eatdrink053.gif
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    sorry, can't help you out..I never ever have that problem! :laugh:

Maybe you could do less cardio? That way you won't risk 'starving" yourself?
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am only supposed to eat 1200 and I have a hard time doing that most days. I don't eat sweets either or most meats. For the past week, I have been lucky to get in 600 cal. and I have not lost anything. :sad: I do drink alot of water.
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    it might sound weird, but it tastes super good to me...

i don't drink regular milk anymore, so i use soy milk (i'm guessing it would taste just as good with reg milk)....

at the end of the day, take a glass of milk and stir in a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses....yes, my friend, molasses....it think it tastes just like chocolate milk! and molasses is super nutrient/mineral rich, only 60 calories for a tablespoon....try it out, it's a tasty way to make your cal limit!:drinker:
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    that's the workout I want 4000 cal? I'm in the gym lifting twice a day and run at least 45 min and I only burn about 1000 cals. are you sure you counted right 4000?