Looking for Friends and Support---Losing Baby Weight

kelly6485
kelly6485 Posts: 78
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for some friends for support for my weight loss quest. I know if I have no one supporting me I will not be faithful about coming on here. I am looking for anyone that comes on here faithfully and would like to "befriend" me.

I am 25 years old, I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old, pre-pregnancy I never had a problem with my weight. Things went downhill from there, Currently I would like to lose 30lbs.

Thanks!! Can't wait to meet people and get started!
Kelly

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Hi there! I also have a three year old and a two year old! I know how challenging it can be to fit in exercise and eat right, while taking care of everyone else. Add me, I am on most every day and we can encourage each other!
  • Hey, I'll add you!
    I'm also looking to lose my baby weight!
    lol we'll lose it together!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Hey Kelly6485,

I can definitely understand losing the baby weight. With my 1st daughter I gained almost 90lbs! I gained another 35 with my second daughter. Add me as a friend if you want, I could use the support too.
  • determinedx3
    determinedx3 Posts: 26 Member
    I saw your weight but you don't say how tall you are... You may be shooting for a weight that is too low for your height.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Hi! I have a 12-week-old and am trying to lose the baby weight, too! Welcome aboard ;)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    I will add you.

Good luck on your journey
  • Hello Kelly,
    I know actually what your talking about with no one supporting us. I would love to be friends and support each other.

I am 36 years old, I have 4 kids ages 17, 14, 9 & 3. With my last child I never lost my weight, and I would like to go kinda back to my old size. I would like to lose 30lbs.

Take care

Elena
  • shockley2589
    shockley2589 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey there everyone, I am also looking for motivation supporters. I would like to add yall as friends if that is ok. Thanks
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Hi Kelly! Welcome to MPF! I am 26 years old and too am losing baby weight, my little guy is 5 months old and I have about 20 lbs to lose. I have lost 15 lbs while on MPF this time around. YOU can do this !!
  • Welcome!

You'll find great friends and support on here. No matter why the weight came on, it's more important to focus on why it should come off.

Here's to a healthier YOU!!!!

Good Luck!

Kelli
  • mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    You can add me if you want to. Between my husband and I we have 6 kids. I gained 20 pounds just dating him then after having the babies I added another 20. I have between 30 and 40 pounds to loose. I get on here regularly.
  • I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old! I need to lose 30 more lbs to reach my desired weight.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    I have a three month old. Trying to keep my weight under control too.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Hello :) I have a 16 month old and have 36 lbs left to lose. I have lost 19 with the help of MFP!

I'll add you!
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Hi!
    Feel free to add me too - I come here every day and haven't missed a day yet! I might be a little bit obsessed!.

I've got two kids too - but at 8 and 5 I may be a bit late with the 'losing baby weight' claim!

Sue
  • Hi there! I am also on my way to lose baby weight. I have a 4,3,2 year old and a 6 month old, and trying to lose 60 pounds that I gained with my first lol.
  • Thanks everyone!!!
    I have reached my max friend adds for the last 10 mins, but I will keep adding, I am overhwelmed by the response, to answer a prior question, I am only 5'2", and prior to kids I was about 100, so I am reaching for a goal of 15# more than before the kiddos
  • Hi all! I have a 3 year old and a 8 month old and am also looking for support. I am new to MFP and lost 20 pounds before joining, but have gone nearly 2 months without losing a single ounce. Here's hoping that some good support and accountability will help me break through and lose the last 10 pounds before my 'second honeymoon' at the end of June. I am on here daily and am also looking for friends.
  • julluv
    julluv Posts: 27
    Hi all! I am here due to that stubborn baby weight too! Please add me!:)
  • I just joined this, am pregnant with my 6th baby, and have been through all of the ups and downs that pregnancy can do to our bodies!! I gained 90 lbs with my first (preeclampsia), and basically gain at least 50 lbs each time. I teach aerobics, so that has always helped me return back to my pre-pregnancy weight each time. It is HUGE to have a support system, and tracking my diet on this has been extremely helpful so far. I have just over 5 weeks left before I have this baby, but figure I will just get started early :)

Good luck!! I think that we, as women, especially once we have children, tend to put ourselves on the back burner, and not make it a priority to take care of ourselves. Over the last 10 years of gaining and losing 6 times over, i have found that besides the benefit of losing that baby weight, I am healthy and strong and feel like I am better able, physically, and happier when I care for my children. Everything is interconnected - when we are healthier, we are happier and better adjusted in our situations. You can totally do this and I am excited to see you meet your goals!!!
This discussion has been closed.