Nauseous after working out??

Options
For the last couple times that I have worked out, I have been feeling nauseous afterwards. I work out at different times so it just doesn't happen in the mornings. Does anyone have a idea why this is happening to me??

Replies

• crimsonstars
    Options
    it happens to me when I push myself hard. you're probably just doing a good job with your workouts! :)
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    You should definitely drink more water. That's one sign of dehydration. I typically stop if I get to the point where I feel sick. It's the bodies way of saying slow down and hydrate.
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Google Runners Diarehea or Runners sickness. There is no definete anwser but, some people say its the rush of blood out of the organs and into your legs to help with hard excersice. There are some tips out there too to combat it.

I found that if I drink 24 ounces of water 20 minutes before I work out and have a carb snack about an hour before hand I feel better. I then have a protein shake right after I workout or run and it helps with nausea.

Hope this helps!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!
  • katebjones
    katebjones Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are prob. working really hard and its the lactic acid in your body that builds up and makes you nauseous.. i have had this happen a few times. maybe think about eating 1-2 hours or have a snack 1-2 hours before your work out.. that may help as well as water.

ive had this problem a few times.. its like your blood sugar gets low.. you lose energy and feel sick.. yea. try eating something before you work out and definetally drink lots of water.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    I have had that when I work out really hard, but at the time I also had some major health issues developing. I am not a doctor, so I can't say what to do. I would suggest if you are really out of shape and have not had a full medical in more than a year, go to your doctor and have one just to make sure it isn't some health issue you need to have dealt with. Even if you are in shape, if this continues I think a doctor visit would be wise. It may just be that you are pushing yourself hard, but now that I am healthy again I can push myself very hard and not get nauseous.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Google Runners Diarehea or Runners sickness. There is no definete anwser but, some people say its the rush of blood out of the organs and into your legs to help with hard excersice. There are some tips out there too to combat it.

I found that if I drink 24 ounces of water 20 minutes before I work out and have a carb snack about an hour before hand I feel better. I then have a protein shake right after I workout or run and it helps with nausea.

Hope this helps!

Good advice! Water and snacks (i.e fuel) will help. Also, pay attention to your body- if you start to feel light headed, or dizzy, slow down and stabilize your heart rate.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    As a big girl, this happens to me if I get too overheated and workout too hard.