New 20 year old Girl

Options
Hi All! I am new too - I usually eat around 1200 calories a day and workout every day like crazy and STILL do not lose weight. I'm trying to eat healthier and more small frequent meals but I'm not sure what else I could do. I was also considering a low-carb diet. I feel like no matter what I do I do not lose weight. Any advice?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am new too - I usually eat around 1200 calories a day and workout every day like crazy and STILL do not lose weight. I'm trying to eat healthier and more small frequent meals but I'm not sure what else I could do. I was also considering a low-carb diet. I feel like no matter what I do I do not lose weight. Any advice?
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    No doubt about it, you are undereating! I know that's not what you want to hear right now, but if you want results, you are going to have to eat your workout calories. Good luck to you!
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    I just checked your profile, and you look great. I don't see a weight problem in that picture. If you don't really have it to lose, your body is going to hold on to what it's got!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome!

As mentioned above, you are probably not eating enough. Look at posts from shorerider and Banks. Each have some great insight to how the body works.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can't see in your picture where you could loose the 10 pounds, but I agree with the above you are NOT eating enough for your body to be healthy.

Glad you came here though. There's lots of great advice here.

WELCOME :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    her picture isn't of her, at least I dont think,
    it looks like a swimsuit model named adrianna lima...
    but if that is you, then I have to agree with everyone else,
    you look absolutely great
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    If you only have 10 pounds to go, you're probably hitting that "home stretch plateau". Also, are you absolutely sure you need to lose weight? Have you seen a doctor and gotten the okay to go on a diet? 10 pounds really isn't very much and there's no point in forcing your body to lose what it doesn't have to lose. You don't have to be stick thin to be beautiful!

I also agree with above posters about you not eating enough. 1200 calories/day, without working out, is about the minimum your body can have for an extended period of time and not go into starvation mode. If you're exercising AND dieting so heavily, your body is probably holding onto those last few pounds of fat for dear life because you've made it believe that good, wholesome amounts of food are never coming.

Again, I second other commenters and urge you to explore the site and talk to your doctor about whether or not you even have a weight problem that needs to be addressed.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I saw your profile photot,You don,t look like you need to lose any weight ...YOU LOOK GOOD GIRL!!!!
    :smile:
  • bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I wish that was me but that is my favorite model - Adriana Lima. I use her photo to motivate me! I agree I probably am undereating. However, every time I start eating more I rapidly gain weight. I'm only 5'2 so it definitely shows! I will try new workouts and eating more and let you know how it goes. In the meantime I'd love more advice. I have friends who cut calories and lose weight quickly but this seems unhealthy. I'd appreciate any advice!
  • Steffykins
    Options
    I wish that was me but that is my favorite model - Adriana Lima. I use her photo to motivate me! I agree I probably am undereating. However, every time I start eating more I rapidly gain weight. I'm only 5'2 so it definitely shows! I will try new workouts and eating more and let you know how it goes. In the meantime I'd love more advice. I have friends who cut calories and lose weight quickly but this seems unhealthy. I'd appreciate any advice!

Unfortunately slow and steady wins the race :grumble: Eating healthily and enough for your body will not only help you lose weight, but will just be better for you generally. Maybe when you eat more you're eating the wrong stuff?

Anyway, welcome and good luck :flowerforyou: p.s. I'm 5"3 whoooooop for the shorties!!