Is this for REAL?

Options
Totally posted this in the wrong place! WOOPS!

I will put it back up so the replies don't look like they're in the wrong spot lol

I've barely started over a week ago...and I have already managed to lose 7lbs. (I had lost the previous 13lbs listed on my ticker over a 5 week span hence why it says 20lbs). But, right now I just feel it's so unbelievable. I keep waiting to step on the scale and be back at my starting weight. I am actually sticking to my calorie count, getting in good, vigorous workouts...and enjoying it!

I am relatively heavy and pretty sedentary, so I know the first couple of weeks are going to throw my body into shock and that's when my most rapid weight loss will be. But, it still seems unbelievable.

My Doctor told me to expect to lose maybe 6lbs a month with my Thryroid disorder and here I've already lost 7lbs in a week...crazy!

Anyone else have these feelings?

Replies

• I am having the same shock, it has only been 1 week exactly and I have already lost 5.6 pounds.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!

This is the first time I have had consistent results (lost 10 before I went full force with MFP) and I too find it sometimes hard to believe. I think it has something to do with the past experiences I have had- lose some, gain it all back, etc. Difference this time- its sustainable- losing slow, being healthy, not hungry or even up/down with moods or motivation. All this pointing to one simple, beautiful fact. THIS WORKS.

Stick to it!!! :)
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs my first week and continued at a rate of anywhere between 3-5 for several weeks in the first few months. It does slow down, lol. But perfectly normal. Enjoy it while it lasts! :smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't jinx you but make sure your scale is weighing correctly. If it is then congratulations! You're doing an amazing job. :flowerforyou:

Audrey, you didn't have to take it off here. It's quite ok to post your great news on here too. :smile:

Ok, there you go. :smile:
  • audreybeaner
    Options
    I hope I don't jinx you but make sure your scale is weighing correctly. If it is then congratulations! You're doing an amazing job. :flowerforyou:

I thought that as well...but I make my Husband (who is NOT dieting) get on it before I do every morning to make sure his weight is the same...and it is...if not up or down a few ounces.

I am going to ride this high as long as I can and really push myself. Like I said...my body is probably in shock because I lead a pretty sedentary life before I started this. Haha.
  • audreybeaner
    Options
    How rude of me...

Thank you everyone for the kind words and thoughts! It's so awesome to have such an amazing support group on here!
  • shushka136
    shushka136 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I guess it is for real :) Way to go! I started a little over a week ago as well, and at my 7day weigh in, I lost 5lbs :) So hooray for us! Keep up the good work.
  • MsTrudy66
    MsTrudy66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So true about initial weight loss. We get excited the first week at our weight loss, then it slows down, and that's when the frustration kicks in. I always lose about 5 lbs. the first week, then 1-2 lbs. each week following. Steady as she goes!!
  • audreybeaner
    Options
    I will be happy to lose any weight at all...whether it's a pound a week or 5 a week. I am just going to continue trucking and eventually the skinny girl in me will emerge lol
  • KeenaAdams
    KeenaAdams Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this AM and lost 5.5lbs in one week. I think if you stick with it, remain discipline, then you will continue seeing results....at least that's whay I keep telling myself :laugh:

Congratulations and keep up the GREAT work!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing a wonderful job and the weight will continue to come off. I'm hesitant to state me opinion here because I don't want you to take it the wrong way. I think you're doing a great job and I truly believe the weight will come off in spades and you absolutely 100% will reach your goals. We all will!

I simply wanted to give my experience. I'm in the beginning of my 3rd week. Week 1 I lost 5 lbs in 7 days. Week 2, I gained almost all of it back, despite not having changed any eating/exercising habits from week 1. I believe that the shock to my system caused my body to try to hold on to whatever it could in week 2 (water, other stuff...etc.). Today, I lost 3 pounds since yesterday (again, not having changed any habits other than trying to drink a little less water). The body will continue to lose calories if you continue to eat smart and exercise regularly. I just don't want anyone to go through what I went through last week when I was so devastated that I gained the weight back temporarily. I think it'd normal (I've read others' stories about it).

But again, keep up the really wonderful work!