My two "MIRACLE" foods!

Options
I thought Id share my two items that have helped me stay on track, lose weight and look better!

I never was a "pop" drinker. I was more of a sweet tea girl! I went from sweet tea with sugar, to sweet tea with splenda and eventually went cold turkey on that back in Sept and have not used splenda, equal or the pink stuff since.

However - I did miss my sweet drinks!

I bought a carbonator - http://www.sodastreamusa.com/

Now you can use their "soda" mixes and flavors that come with it - but your bascially getting the same nastiness.. soooo I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Vanilla-Flavored-Liquid-Stevia-2-Ounce/dp/B000E8WIAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1296585888&sr=8-1

Its Stevia, Vanilla Creme flavor - I add 9 drops of this to a glass of iced carbonated water - tatse JUST like a Creme Soda and has zero bad stuff. (Helps me keep drinking water, cause Im not a huge plain ol water fan!)

My kids LOVE the cabonator and they carbonate green tea, juice (doesnt work that well, but they do anyway) and water and add half juice or lemon or orange slices.

My next life saver is Miracle Noodles http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Noodles-Angel-Hair-Pack/dp/B003XR88YC/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1296586027&sr=1-3

I buy it from Amazon (its cheaper) in bulk. The Angel Hair variety is my fave. They are the consistancy of ramen noodles - absolutly flavorless once you rise and blanch them in hot water for 3 min (when you first open them they stink like fish!) They are ZERO cal, ZERO carb, ZERO gluten, ZERO soy. http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

I usually just top them with Classico tomato basil pasta sauce which is sugar free, and if Im real hungy I eat two packages - doesnt hurt a thing! You can have a HUGE bowl of "spagetti" for about 80 cal (from the sauce) and no fat or carbs!

Anyhoo, thought Id share. These two things have saved me! :smile:

Replies

• Lacole216
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I'm going to have to check out the Miracle Noodles :smile:
  • healthy1215
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I am interested to try out the Miracle Noodles!
  • Annabelle2602
    Options
    omg no carb noodles uv no idea how excited i am about that!! ty :D
  • adamstc88
    adamstc88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will have to look up those noodles too! Thanks! I was watching Hungry Girl on Cooking channel and she was showing a Tofuu type noddle that I want to try also that kind of sounds like your miracle noodles.
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this I have been searching for a "miracle" for noodles.....my special needs daughter only eats noodles and I make them as healthy as I can but need something better. I will be giving them a try as soon as I get them. Thank you again :flowerforyou:
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I am in LOVE with the noodles.. just be sure to ho,ld your nose when you open them and rinse em well then blanch in boiling water -
    The look like see through ramen noodles, and have no flavor -

I love to use them and add some Newmans Own olive oil and balsimic vinager, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary and thyme and grilled shrimp - its a pretty decent alternative for shrimp scampi
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Miracle Noodles are GROSS!

Buy Pasta Slim, they actually taste like something other than air and do NOT have a fishy smell coming out of the package. They have a regular and spinach version.

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2820

Ps: Miracle Noodle has about 20-30 calories per serving. They legally can say 0 b/c it meets minimum requirements. It’s like how Nestea packets say 0 calories while Crystal Light says 5 – Nestea squeaked right in.
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I tried the spinach pasta slim - its not bad. I prefer the Miracle Noodles LOL I got past the fishy smell when you first open em, now Im good.
  • robinmath
    Options
    I love stevia. You can also get it at Trader Joes for $9.99 and 662 servings in one bottle. I keep one in my purse and one at home.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I was just about to purchase the miracle noodles when I refreshed this post... Maybe I will just buy a couple packages first before I get all excited and buy in bulk.... LOL
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The soda idea sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Just always remember that anything labeled 0 calories, by law, can have up to 4.9 calories per serving. The US regulation only that if something is below 5 calories it can be labeled as 0 calories per serving. (like a packet of Splenda actually has 4 calories) That's why sometimes servings on 0 calorie items may be smaller than a standard serving of a similar item. So even though it'd still nematode low calorie compared to regular pasta, you might still be getting calories you're not counting with every additional serving you eat.

Edit - just checked out the website. 2.3 servings in a 7oz bag? That definitely sounds like mild manipulation of serving size to make it fall under the "0 calorie" guideline to me. Like, if it were just two servings, like the tofu noodles I've seen, it would put it over 5 calories and they'd have to list 'em, so they dropped it just enough to be 0 cal but left a bizarre servings per bag amount in doing so. Just my personal opinion though.