Resisting temptation?

audreybeaner
audreybeaner Posts: 35
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
How do you do it? I have a horrible sweet tooth around a certain time of the month (sorry guys...TMI I know). So it's SOOOO hard to resist grabbing a Reese Cup and scarfing it down every once in a while. Does anyone have a favorite go to snack when times like this arise? I like chocolate covered pretzels (and yes, they actually have nutrients!). It gives me a bit of the salty and sweet taste I am craving for about 130 calories (for a small, single-serve bag).

I have also found that in between meals...crunching on ice cubes helps me fight the urge to "graze." I'm not sure about the benefits for my teeth but there's nothing more satisfying then crunching down on a frozen piece of water to me! Hehe.

Replies

• I am also a sweet person ALL through the month! Especially at that one certain time! I have found that the 100 calorie snack packs are awesome, & they do taste great! I do know that Nabisco has an awesome chocolate covered pretzel. Hostess has some good 100 calorie snacks as well! Hope this has helped!
    Good luck & May GOD Bless you on this journey!
  • I'm the worst when it comes to sweets. I have the worst sweet tooth too. Peanut butter M&M's seem to just call my name at "that time". I literally ate half the bag last week. I worked out EXTRA hard the next few days after that. Sadly I think I gained 2 lbs back. :( At least I know not to give in next time. (Try at least)!
  • It's good to know my sweet tooth isn't alone! If anything will get me to fall to temptation...it will be that darn "tooth" haha
  • Aud- you know temptations always get the best of me. Thanks so much for sticking with me through this. Ah!
  • lol...yes I do know! Glad you joined me on this adventure though! We're going to kick some bootay!
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    My answer to sweet cravings is to indulge in special ways. Instead of buying cheap chocolate and keeping it around, once a month, I'll go to Godiva and treat myself to one (only one!) truffle and share it with my boyfriend. I try to eat dark chocolate too.

At home I keep SF fudgesicles (40 calories), SF pudding snacks (60 calories), and Emerald Cocoa roasted almonds. I also have really low calorie sherbet bars. Then too, if I need something more I'll measure out and add chocolate chips 14 are around 35 calories. Tonight I added mint ones in with my pudding snack to make a sub for mint choc ice cream. But that's a rare treat too.

What I can't have around at all are donuts and cakes. The carbs and sugars make me crave more more more!
  • Sweet tooth from hell here!
    I am eating one square of one of my favorite dark chocolate bars:

http://www.lindtusa.com/product-exec/product_id/353/category_id/5/nm/A_Touch_of_Sea_Salt_Bar

Has that delicious balance of sweet/salt and chocolate, 47 calories for one square. If I eat one of these, I eat it with my coffee and savor it! Since I just started this whole thing, I will probably work my daily calories around 2 squares of this for the lovely time of the month lol.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Nowdays it's just pure willpower. I can resist anything these days.

Back when I was just getting started, I got a few packs of Trident sugar free gum (the one that isn't sweetened with aspartame), kept one in my desk, one at home and one with me. And I would just chew a piece anytime it was between meals or snack times. That way, even if I wanted to snack on something that was around at work or something, then I already had this gum in my mouth that I'd have to take out and waste for one or two bites of something that would just make me feel guilty later anyway. Plus the peppermint actually helps curb the appetite.

And lots of water, always, both then and now. :)
  • I don't deprive myself when I get a sweet craving (or any craving really). There are some things that I consider off limit. Soda, energy drinks, etc. If I want a cookie, I'll eat a cookie. It's OKAY to eat, don't over do it.

If you're cutting back on calories, consider any of the many 80-90-100 cal snack packs :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    I will usually buy the mini york peppermint patties and eat one then save the rest. That really helps me.
This discussion has been closed.