M stands for MOTIVATE

Options
Hey ya'll, I think it's time to admit, I'm falling off the wagon. I get tired and lazy of tracking my food, and find other things to do than work out. I told myself I wasn't gonna do that this time but some how it feels like the end is coming on strong, but I have to resist. I need help, and motivation. I have to do it this time, for me! I know I'm not alone in this battle, maybe hearing some of your on again off again weight loss goals will help me? Hope everyone understands :)

Replies

• KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way.
    put up pictures of how you want to look. keep a personal journal and have motivational quotes on your scale, bathroom, bedroom, and/or fridge. it'll take time but the outcome is worth it! have pictures of what you DON'T want to look like.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I know that staying on track can be tough. Sometimes the best things are the hardest things! Don't let yourself off the hook so easily. I don't know you but I'm sure you are worth fighting for but the only person who can fight this battle is you. Best of luck...you CAN do it:)
  • cerulian
    Options
    Hey there! I've been on again off again for 11 years - am I proud of that? Nope, but it is what it is.
    So onto the motivation. Why do you want this?
    You mention in your profile that you want to keep up with your kids. You spend a lot of time taking care of others - this is the BEST thing you can do for yourself, and will also affect them.

For me, I'm sick of the 'off' again. I'm done with having another potential year of lamenting how I was 'off' again. I would rather be on here being a hot momma and actually enjoying my life. For you, it might be a few months - but the concept is the same. Those few months will be here (God willing) anyhow, so how do YOU want to greet them? Out of shape, tired? Or alive and vibrant? They WILL be here, regardless, and what you do at this moment matters.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way.
    put up pictures of how you want to look. keep a personal journal and have motivational quotes on your scale, bathroom, bedroom, and/or fridge. it'll take time but the outcome is worth it! have pictures of what you DON'T want to look like.

This is the way to go! mine are on mirror too! and my computer background lol!
    - create some mini goals like 12kgs by may or something
    - go to the gym!
    - make goals with your friends or like morning runs with them!
    - one girl said a pic of yourself in a bikini and then a celeb next to it in a bikni... ?
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I know motivation is a big factor. What I have done is broken my journey into days, weeks, months and year...
    Activity (shake what ya got) for at least 30 mins a day!
    Log everyday (If you bite it write it!)
    Try to lose a pound a week!
    Hope to lose 5 lbs a month... and don't beat yourself up if you don't!
    A year has 52 weeks... at the end I should hopefully be about 52 lbs lighter (or if you start now you could be 47 lbs lighter)

Good luck, I know it is a mental game. You have support here, check in often. Make friends.

Christina
  • BrookeReneshelle
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. ITS JUST WHAT I NEED.
  • adelsbc
    Options
    "Those few months will be here (God willing) anyhow, so how do YOU want to greet them? Out of shape, tired? Or alive and vibrant? They WILL be here, regardless, and what you do at this moment matters. "

I keep telling myself something similar to this. The time will pass anyway, so what am I going to do with it? What I find is that I need a day every other week or so where I don't log calories, and just relax and live a little. (Last weekend it was going to be Friday, but ended up being Saturday too). But then it's Monday again and work time. Know that this needs to be something you can handle all year- we're not just doing this for the next month or so. So work hard for a week, then take a day to yourself where you can have a few cocktails AND seconds on dessert, and not sit there counting the calories the whole night. But make sure after that "free night", you're back to work!
  • BrookeReneshelle
    Options
    Thats some really good advice Con! :) Miss you and can't wait to see you on the 19th!