too many calories?

Options
I have been on a chronic weight loss journey for years,lost about 50 pounds on weight watchers about 8 years ago and then got pregnant and gained it all back. So for about the last 6 years my weight has stayed steady. Up and down the same 5 to 10 pounds. WW recommends I eat about 1500 cals per day,adding points(cals) for my excercise. MFP recommends almost 1900 per day because I weigh about 275 lbs and am only 5' 2. Keeping in mind that i swim twice a week, walk 3 plus miles at least twice a week,(ususally three times a week,) and do at least one really high energy zumba class per week, what would YOU do? I am really struggling to lose anything............

Replies

• jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the more you exercise the more calories your body needs to function so eat those extra calories you earned them :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I would pick one program and do whatever it suggests for a minimum of 3-4 weeks and see how it works. You can't really compare this to WW because they aren't set up the same. Good luck!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I would split it down the middle then see how you feel. If you're starving all the time then you may need to increase it. If you aren't ever hungry then decrease it.
  • nickiesue
    Options
    MFP recommends I eat 1800 calories a day but I make it a personal goal to net 1200. So far I have had pretty good success.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Here's a good thread that can help determine good loss goals and cal goals.

Good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You need to stick with a plan that works for you and something that you can implement into your long-term optimal health plan. Do not look at anything you do as a diet--becuase then it will only be temporary.
  • flossicle
    Options
    I think you need to experimant around and see what works for you... i do an hour cardio every day yet i never eat over 1000 calories and quite often burn more than what i eat.. A lot of people have said it's wrong how i work but it's working for me and that's good enough, i don't feel starved or exhausted, i have 1 day a week which doesn't count and i do no exercise on this day.. this works for me but might not work for any1..it's all trial and error!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I don't think you eat nearly enough for your weight. When I calculate your weight loss calories for 3 workouts per week I get 2200. Not eating enough can stop weight loss.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Also, make sure you are accurately tracking your calories.