I need a kick in the *kitten*

Options
I have been on MFP for almost a month now, have lost almost 10 lbs, and was working out everyday on my lunch break at work 5 days a week.

I'm still tracking calories every day, but with the bad weather lately and extra stuff going on at work, I haven't worked out in almost a week.

I need a big push!!!

Replies

• TheNewDanielle
    Options
    PPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good or bad weather, just get moving :) Good luck!!!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Do you have on demand? They have great workout videos you can do at home. I work out at home every morning.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You lost 10 pound so far which is fantastic ! But not you are wasting your momentum.... and I am sure you don't want all your hard work to go to waste ! Bad weather...extra stuff at work....sounds like excuses to me....you need to stop doing that....get up and move ! You can do this ! Get off your butt now !!!!! Do what you were doing and don't stop until you wake up one morning and be who you deserve and want to be ! YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! Hard work and perserverance my dear ! It isn't always wasy....I know because I have been doing this day in and day out for the last 3 months.... if I can do it ...you can do it ! Find your mojo and GO FOR IT !!!!
  • wrmccain
    Options
    Maybe we both need a kick in the butt.... I have done the same thing you mentioned and with the rain and cold weather I have just made that an excuse. I need to learn to stop making excuses and just get out and do it.... so let's make a commitment that we will no longer make excuses for not doing what we know we need to do.... if not at our lunch time then after work. We need to find a way to make it part of our normal daily routine.... so let's get off these lazy fat butts of ours and kick ourselves into gear... LOL
  • debbiecline
    Options
    If you have a Wii, Just Dance is a blast!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    "KICK"! You can do it! Even if you can fit it 20-30 minutes somewhere it all helps. :bigsmile:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!

I do not have on-demand...we don't have digital cable due to the cost (since we don't watch all that much TV I can't justify the extra cost) although now I'm considering it since I did see all the exercise videos for free at my mom's. I can get the exercisetv videos on the pc, but without a hookup to the TV, it'd be hard to follow.
  • Katymom22
    Options
    mind over matter

another great quote by darrell of biggest loser...take your weight loss as seriously as you would your job, apply yourself,learn what to do, and measure your performance!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ohhh i like that---take it as seriously as I would my job. good analogy!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    What someone is asking for me to kick them???

KICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!! :bigsmile:

I know the weather is crazy but you have to keep MOVING!! If you have on demand work out to some fitness shows. Pop in a fitness dvd and workout. Or better yet get in the middle of the room, turn on your favorite tunes and get your burn on.

No excuses!!

You can get it on & poppin once again!!

:bigsmile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Consider the bad weather and extra work-related stuff a change in your routine. The body's metabolism can become routine also, therefore it won't burn the calories as much as it used to. Granted, it's only been a week out of the month you've been working out, but if you can't do it during your lunch hour, do it later on in the day when you get home from work. The excuse of feeling "drained" from work, only goes as long as far as doing nothing can take you. Depending on your job, if you're mentally exhausted, it causes a physiological effect to follow. Get some stimulation going.

Take a breather for a little bit to adjust to being at home, and before you sit down to relax, do some stretching and breathing to get blood pumping through your body. If you have kids, the stress from children-wrangling can also lead to extra feelings of becoming complacent and sedentary at home. Working out can relieve that stress. Find any way to motivate yourself. For every "excuse" not to work out, give 3 reasons to argue against it. The argument to do some physical activity will always win. It's mathematically solid.
  • niresupernova
    Options
    Holy cow- you are doing awesome! I've been on this site since late December and have only lost 3.5 lbs and I am frustrated. Maybe additional motivation could help... do you have a pair of jeans or a sexy dress you can hang up that is visible? Sometimes a visual reminder could be helpful to help you with motivation.

As far as the weather is concerned, I like a variety of excersise tapes and Wii fit. It may be worth looking into because you can keep a steady routine without relying on the weather.

Good luck to you!
  • Behavioral
    Options
    Living in Minnesota, I can relate. After my home treadmill died (I had it at my office and worked out there). I joined a local gym and run there. It's nice to work out indoors too.
  • Behavioral
    Options
    Living in Minnesota, I can relate. After my home treadmill died (I had it at my office and worked out there). I joined a local gym and run there. It's nice to work out indoors too.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Consider the bad weather and extra work-related stuff a change in your routine. The body's metabolism can become routine also, therefore it won't burn the calories as much as it used to. Granted, it's only been a week out of the month you've been working out, but if you can't do it during your lunch hour, do it later on in the day when you get home from work. The excuse of feeling "drained" from work, only goes as long as far as doing nothing can take you. Depending on your job, if you're mentally exhausted, it causes a physiological effect to follow. Get some stimulation going.

Take a breather for a little bit to adjust to being at home, and before you sit down to relax, do some stretching and breathing to get blood pumping through your body. If you have kids, the stress from children-wrangling can also lead to extra feelings of becoming complacent and sedentary at home. Working out can relieve that stress. Find any way to motivate yourself. For every "excuse" not to work out, give 3 reasons to argue against it. The argument to do some physical activity will always win. It's mathematically solid.

Well said.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're in a part of the country where it's snowing, but I'm using the snow as an exercise here! I'm shoveling my porch and driveway, and also my grandma's and elderly neighbor's. It's an awesome exercise, plus I get nice-person points :smile:
  • sheaschierling
    Options
    Try finding something exercise related you like such as Zumba (I love it and plan my evenings around it), aerobics class, swimming (lap swimming is great and burns the calories), yoga,or anything else that is offered in your area. Even if it costs you extra money, think that it is improving your health and also your mind and self-worth. You are worth it!!!! Good luck!! Just make up your mind you are going to do something and JUST DO IT!!!
  • Behavioral
    Options
    That is so great! What a wonderful idea. I want you as a neighbor!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you have done wonderfully so far so DONT GIVE UP