Water?

Options
Okay, I have to be honest, I HATE drinking water. I know it's healthy for you and helps with weight loss, but I suck at drinking the proper amount every day. Most days I'm lucky to have drank 1/3 of what you're supposed drink. Does anyone have any advice as to how I should improve my daily water consumption? I've tried using Crystal Light and that doesn't even really work for me. :(

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    How can you hate drinking water?! Do you drink it from the tap or bottled? I hate tap water just because of all the crap that's in there. But I drink probably 6 bottles a day.
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Girl i USED to be the SAME dang way....i've adapted to it and now i cannot live without my dasani bottled water...Have you tried sqeezing some lemon in it? Thats how i started......my thing is restaurant water...EWWW....so i def put some lemon in it or bring my own bottle of water BYOB :D

You can do this, start by trying to drink at least ONE bottled water a day and then move forward :D
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I know how you feel. I don't care for water either. So I've made it the only thing available to drink. I buy milk and 100% juice for the kids and nothing else. It's the only way I'll drink the water.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Add crystal light to your water.

When you wake up in the morning, just grab a glass and chug--boom you can get 10 ounces in quickly that way.

then fill a container with the rest of the water and add some cyrstal light to it and make it a point to drink it. You just have to. It helps flush the fat we are losing out of your body.
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was the same way too. I started by bringing a water bottle everywhere with me and telling myself I have to drink a certain amount of it a day. Started with 2 bottles a day then got to 5 a day. (20 oz. bottle). And, so my reward was to get a nice water bottle camelbak that holds 24oz and I drink no less than 3 refills a day now. You'll be amazed how you can go from being a non water drinker to a person that only likes water. I thought that would never be me. And, well it is me now. :happy: Baby steps.
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I HATE water but, I bought a Tervis Tumbler with a straw. I keep ice water by me at all times and I drink tons! Not sure why?
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I had the exact same problem, no one could make me drink water, but I tried different types of flavored water and ended up with Dasani citrus and apple-fresh, they are light gas and don't taste like regular water. I guess you could try different flavored waters and see what kind you like. I now can drink up to 6 bottles a day (it's summer where I live =))
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ups, double post.
  • Katymom22
    Options
    0 calorie life water is so good!! i love the strawberry kiwi lemonade plus its very sweet to curb my candy cravings!
  • cerulian
    Options
    I hated it too! Or I thought I thought I did.

My friends on here gave me some great advice. First thing in the morning, drink 2 cups. Straight. Don't pass go until you do it. I do this before I get ready for the day.

After that, it's a matter of chugging down 1-2 at a time every couple of hours.
    Then during your workout - drink more. I try to finish 2-4 cups during my workout.

Sipping doesn't work for me. I end up carrying around the same bottle all day when I sip. Wide mouth cups and just gulping it down work best for me!

I tried to put in flavors, but I don't like crystal light type things.

**edited to add** it took me 3 days of doing this consistently and purposefully before I started to do it without thinking about it.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Try put a slice of lemon in the water, it helps. I drink green tea, it helps my water consumption.
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hate water too, so most of the time I will add crystal light or brew teas...green or fruity herbals are my favorite. I like to trick myself into thinking I am having something sweet!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree you will get use to it. I picture it washing out fat from my body....and that helps me to drink more. Fill up a glass and just gulp it until it is gone.....and one day you will crave it and become one of those people that carries water bottles everywhere you go.
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that herbal tea counts toward your water intake...so if you drink herbal tea with Truvia, or Stevia instead of sugar you can count that too. I ony drink about 2 bottles of water daily but my green tea, and yerba mate' tea make up for it :-)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use a Pur water filter (bottled water is not good) and it makes tap water taste just fine. Although, our water is fluoridated so once we get a house we'll get a reverse osmosis system to filter everything out. I use either a sports bottle or a reusable cup with a lid. Both hold 24oz and I drink from it until it's empty. I go through 1 at the gym and easily drink 2-3 more throughout the day.

It's really easy to get all your water this way. Having a closed container means you don't have to drink it all at once, and having such a large container means you end up drinking more water easier.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I was the same way too. I started by bringing a water bottle everywhere with me and telling myself I have to drink a certain amount of it a day. Started with 2 bottles a day then got to 5 a day. (20 oz. bottle). And, so my reward was to get a nice water bottle camelbak that holds 24oz and I drink no less than 3 refills a day now. You'll be amazed how you can go from being a non water drinker to a person that only likes water. I thought that would never be me. And, well it is me now. :happy: Baby steps.

Yep thats how I started. I still bring a water bottle with me.
  • sunbeam11
    Options
    I carry a bottle of water with me everywhere. I can't stand our tap water, but it's good after it's been filtered. But I know what you mean, there are some days I have to make myself drink it. Sometimes I put ACV in mine, or lemon. I definitely get my 8 glasses now thanks to MFP. I don't think I was aware that I wasn't drinking enough before. Sometimes you'll crave food, but it's just because you are dehydrated and your body wants water.
  • anewme58
    Options
    I have the same problem but I tend to drink more from a straw and also I have a couple sensitive teeth so I drink it luke warm. I am up to about half the amount that I am suppose to drink but I figure it's better than nothing. Try a straw!! :drinker:
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    what is crystal light? I hate water and how does it help lose weight?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    true Lemon! crystalized lemon, like real lemon, but you can carry them with you anywhere and everywhere. i drink 5x more water with true lemon than before.