Diet Supplements

Options
Hi, newbie here. I'm not trying to achieve extreme goals but certainly have some in mind. I'm wondering if anyone is using diet supplements with their regular exercise regimen. Examples - Hydroxycut, Total Lean, etc.

I'm currently using Hydroxycut (regular strength) and had results in the beginning. I'm currently stuck at 125 with no signs of budging. Thoughts??

Replies

• Monicamarkt
    Monicamarkt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really don't believe in them. They are kind of a slippery slope, in my opinion. Your body gets used to the extra burst that the supplements provide and unless you want to continue taking them the rest of your life you are doing more harm than good with them. The best thing is to get some more muscle mass on your frame to naturally burn more calories at rest. At 125 lbs, you probably look pretty darn good unless you are super short. :smile:
  • mealybug1010
    Options
    Girl...Diet pills are NOT the way to go. They are extremely dangerous and have not been approved by the FDA. Count cals & exercise..the old fashioned way. Best of luck
  • LCKPhotography
    Options
    I'm 5'4 but carry all my weight in my hips/butt/thighs. Very frustrating, especially when spot reduction is a myth.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i have been using dexatrim every so often as an appetite suppressant if i won't be working out for the day & know i'll be somewhere temped with the worst food options.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    None of the GNC stuff worked for me, I've tried so MANY of them. I wish Dexatrim suppressed my appetite it doesn't. The only thing that works for me is prescription Adipex which is generic Phentermine. But I still end up gaining the weight back because I can't be on that every day for the rest of my life, I wish lol
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I know its controversial - Ive used many dif ones. None ever really "worked" .. the worst was ephedrine - awful.
    I got suckered into buying the Reveal from Complete Nutrition just 2 wks ago, and I"m regretting that $200 mistake. It doesnt seem to be doing anything, and was very expensive.
    Im a sucker and the worst part is, I could harm my health being a stupid sucker.
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have used and now sell Herbalife products and love it. The key as stated previously is to count calories and exercise. Given your height and weight i would shoot for 1200 calories a day (never any less) and work out. I have lost 95lbs and 55" on my products because it is a simple plan and takes no thinking. I have a piece of Pie for breakfast (made with herbalife meal mix) high protein snack, shake for lunch, High protein snack, and then whatever the wife makes for dinner, including pizza.

Regardless of what you do, DO IT!! Too many times people say "it didn't work". Chances are it does work, and they didn't work at it.

Whatever you do! Good luck and GOD BLESS.

"I have not failed; I've simply found 10,000 ways it won't work."
    ~Thomas Edison

Justin
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    They work temporarily. Like hunter2 said, the initial boost may seem like they're working, but once your body gets used to them, they won't seem effective. For long-term weight loss, tried and true good old fashioned diet changes and exercise over time will get those problem areas in check...eventually. Just be patient.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Yeh and my body gets used to them in about 3 days LOL
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm 5'4 but carry all my weight in my hips/butt/thighs. Very frustrating, especially when spot reduction is a myth.

I can understand your frustration (I have the same problem with my love handles, grr...) but diet supplements won't really help.
  • granolagirl82
    Options
    I like a natural boost so I take cayenne supplements and try to work in a teaspoon of cinnamon a day. Both are said to increase metabolism.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!