Pickles, Pickles, Pickles!

Options
Just found out that Pickle spears have ZERO calories! Yay... I love pickles. Sodium is about 100g per spear, but otherwise pretty darn good for ya!

Just thought I would share my new found discovery with everyone!

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    Every vegetable is good for you, pickled or not. But they aren't zero calories, just very low calorie.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Yeah I have recently fallen in love with pickles. I like the zesty ones. They are a good non-sweet snack. Just drink a lot of water after eating them because of the sodium.
  • ailysys
    ailysys Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ate a jar the other night all to myself! My husband thought it was gross, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I love pickles, but the sodium will kill me, one whole pickle is something like 560mg of Sodium. I don't even want to think of the sodium in a whole jar of pickles.
  • jazzhottie
    Options
    Every vegetable is good for you, pickled or not. But they aren't zero calories, just very low calorie.

The jar said 0 calories
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The pickle doesn't contain enough calories that they have to label it on the jar, but a whole jar would give you a few calories. Not a significant number (to me) though.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Now you know my secret OP!!! I even had 6 of them last night! It was good!
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love pickles too! Especially on my burgers. The sodium can make you retain water though and that will definitely have an impact on the scale. :-)