Just registered....

RMinVA
RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
....for my first sprint tirathlon. I am SO excited. I have been talking about doing this for a couple of years now...and I finally committed!! Half mile ocean swim, 7 mile bike ride, and 3.5 mile run!! YIPPEE!!

Replies

• JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Congrats...I love tri's. They are so much fun!!
  • MsRaeJ
    MsRaeJ Posts: 16
    Where are you going to train for your swimming? I'm super excited for you! You'll have to learn all the ropes and then guide me through it. I've wanted to do a tri for a long time, but I'm intimidated by all the change-over times between events.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Where are you going to train for your swimming? I'm super excited for you! You'll have to learn all the ropes and then guide me through it. I've wanted to do a tri for a long time, but I'm intimidated by all the change-over times between events.

As for swimming, probably the community pool. They usually have a lane or 2 blocked off for lap swimming and they have early morning lap swim M-F in the summer. But we may also look into some sort of Master swim class. Will try to to get in some ocean swims on weekends we are @ the beach too.

The whole "transition" thing was a concern to me as well, which is why we volunteered to work it last year. Picked up some great trips!!
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Wow - you ARE amazing!!! Congrats!!!!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    That's awesome!!! keep us posted along your journey!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member

The transitions are not really as difficult as people think.
    Few hints that I have learned
    1. Wear a tri bathing suit that you will be able to run in so you do not have to worry about throwing shorts on over a regular bathing suit
    2. Have your number on your shirt that you are going to wear for the run/ bike already pinned on so all you have to do is throw your shirt on.
    3. Have all your stuff laid out and ready to go.

Those are some of the basic in transitioning that I have learned. Really makes things a lot quicker!!!
This discussion has been closed.