Pros and Cons of BodyBug

Options
Can you please share osome of the pros and cons of using the BodyBug? It is easy or hard to use?
I am looking into getting one....

Replies

• becomingsara
    Options
    BUMP -
    Thank you for asking this question as I am looking into that as well...sorry I don't have any feedback on it though!
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i just read a post about this. Gentleman said if your concern is daily calorie burning cool but if it's to see exercise calories burned that a HRM would be better.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Please check out this thread - I posted quite a bit of info on the BodyBugg (Body Media Fit) and how it compares to a HRM.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165609-what-is-a-bbodybugg-does-it-replace-hrms
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have had my BodyMedia (same as BodyBugg, by same company) for about 3 weeks now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Did I say I LOVED it?! lol

Anyway, I was using a Timex Ironman HRM with the chest strap for the longest time and I didn't mind it sometimes but there were times when I couldn't really go hard in my workouts which include plyometrics, so it would slip sometimes and then the reading wouldn't be accurate.

I love the BodyMedia because there is no chest strap and I can move and jump around all I want now! Plus, I think the BodyMedia is a lot more accurate at calculating your calorie burn than a HRM which I have found helps me push more during my workouts to get the most out of them!

Plus, I have lost 4lbs so far and I owe it all to this gem around my arm! It's weird because I feel like because I know it's monitoring everything, I'm a lot more accountable and focused! I would highly recommend it myself!

Good luck!

Deb
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!