Looking for like... collage age friends with busy lives

Options
I am younger so between work and church and everything else it is so hard to find time to work out and eat right. Anyone else around my age with my situation?

Replies

• Simonscat
    Options
    Yup.
    My days are totally messed up.
    Classes start at different times etc. and gym having to be after class when i'm already exhausted.

I hate days when I have 7am starts!
    I end up eating more through through the day so 1200 cals is not realistic!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Worse! I am older, have a full time job, am a full-time college student, am married, have kids, commute 1.5 hours /day x 5 days a week, clean house, cook, do laundry, bathe kids, and still exercise at least an hour a day.
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same situation. its hard lol
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Worse! I am older, have a full time job, am a full-time college student, am married, have kids, commute 1.5 hours /day x 5 days a week, clean house, cook, do laundry, bathe kids, and still exercise at least an hour a day.

Way to go!!!
  • antipholous
    Options
    You're just going to have to get used to the idea of working out late at night, or early in the morning. 1,200 calories is very realistic, it's just going to take serious motivation, and you're going to have to choose your foods carefully. Protein and fiber are super filling, so make sure your meals are saturated in it.

Eating out a lot is rough, and you're not going to find any good food in those places. That being said Subway, Wendy's, Quiznos, McDonalds, and Schlotzkeys are better than most.

I'd suggest packing your own lunch/dinner, and carrying it around in your backpack, or finding another place to keep it close by.

It's doable, it just takes motivation and planning.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I've tried 1200 calories on days I get up early and go to bed late.
    It just doesn't work for me. But that's a personal thing. It maybe good for someone else but it is absolutely unrealistic for me. On days like those I need at least 1400-1500!
  • Sacredmaiden
    Options
    I hear you! I'm a full time employee, full time graduate student, and am involved in a variety of extra-curriculars... plus housework and all that... all stuff I love and would hate to cut out. It is hard to find time to work out, but let me tell you, it pays off. I have regularly scheduled gym days (Mon, Wed) that I don't give up no matter what. I would love to do more, but maybe after graduation... In the meantime, 1,200 is totally realistic. The trick is eating stuff that's actually good for your body (vegetables, fruits, etc). Anything pre-packaged is out. Not only is that stuff packed with harmful chemicals, but it's so processed it's beyond nutritional redemption. Think raw and unprepared. I know it feels like packing a lunch or shopping for your own groceries is just more time... but eating responsibily will give you more energy, mental clarity, and motivation to do what needs to get done!
  • chandosluvsfood
    Options
    I tip my hat off to you that is TRULY amazing!
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to finish grad school in may (woo hoo)! During college it was tough to find time to work out, but now that I've got a routine I've found that it is easier. I get up about 5:30 and get up and go to work. Work till 5 and somedays go to night school till 9:30! The nights I have school are my rest days so I just make those days up on Sat morning and Sunday. Once you get in a routine you'll find it's easy to do. Good luck!
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    I'm a full time graduate student and have a full time job - you got this! You'll make time if you're devoted, no excuses :)