Working out so I can eat dinner

Options
DD and I went out to lunch... and I over ate... tho not nearly as bad as I normally would have... So now I am working out so I can eat dinner... Normally when I work out I use those calories burned for dessert... Not today!

Ohh well.. live and learn I guess

Replies

• kerryannk
    Options
    i just said the same to my roommate! we need to go to the gym cuz i need a meal!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    LOL! I just started here at MFP and just started counting calories this week and I am realizing in order to not go to bed hungry I'll need to work out every single day to afford dinner calories. I mean. I *can* eat dinner at 700 calories but it's a spartan dinner!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    Must be the day for that I did the same thing. Sometimes I plan it that way. It makes me work hard and stay at it. I cardioed out a pretty good dinner for myself tonight:-)
  • lizb59
    lizb59 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I was so happy I went to an hour-long Zumba class last night - I would have only had 268 calories for dinner, instead I had about 800! Like my dad says, I exercise for pie...lol
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    omg i did the samething today, except i have a nasty cold and do not have the strength and energy to go to the gym... i need rest! but i also want dinner........ hmmm what to do..?
  • Slammedtoys
    Options
    omg i did the samething today, except i have a nasty cold and do not have the strength and energy to go to the gym... i need rest! but i also want dinner........ hmmm what to do..?
    Well if you are sick you need to eat to keep your body fighting whatever is causing it to be sick... You can make up for what you ate on a day that you feel better.
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I love doing this!!! Working out so you can eat dinner! It works so well! I whish I had of known this a long time ago! IT WORKS!!! :tongue:
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I need to work out to eat dinner as well! I have 475 cals left. Although I could eat dinner for that amount, I would much rather work out to have a bit more!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    i just said the same to my roommate! we need to go to the gym cuz i need a meal!

LOL-- I'm glad someone thinks like me. I think like this almost everyday so I can plan my meals accordingly.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day I've had that problem. I usually work out at night. Apparently I don't eat enough during the day while at work...so when I get home and work out AFTER dinner, I end up with another 400 calories to eat!!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I did that just this week! Had to actually skip dinner altogether and ran 1.5 hours on the elliptical. I was 700 calories over BEFORE dinner ever came around. I just watched a movie and drank lots of water. I wasn't hungry that night, but the next morning I was certainly more than ready to eat breakfast! :bigsmile:

I hated it though... def. not the way I prefer to live my new lifestyle. Learned my lesson I hope!
  • anewme58
    Options
    For whatever reason, yesterday I was very hungry all day - I ate some healthy snacks to get myself through but when I logged in everything I ate at 4pm, I only had 60 calories left! :sad: So, I bundled up (it was a bitter cold day here in Buffalo) and went for a 40 minute walk. I was sweating by the time i got home and I could have something more than an apple for dinner. Hate the hungry days but thank God for exercise! :wink:
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did C25k wk 3 and burned 300 calories... i already had 299 left... So yes I will have a lite dinner, but I will have a large salad (love the DOLE lite ceaser, only 270 calories for the entire bag) and soup....

Even if I didnt have the calories, I would not skip dinner.... I like food to much for that:)
  • lizb59
    Options
    Can't wait til it warms up in Seattle - I'll take a walk AFTER dinner. (Sorry to y'all that are getting hit by the big blizzard right now).
  • lizb59
    Options
    Take some NyQuil and sleep until tomorrow, lol.
    :sick:
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Same here. I did not have time to bring my lunch today so I got Chinese. I got chicken and veggies with no sauce or msg. It came with some rice and I ate some of it. I had to exercise so that I would have more that 250 for dinner.